Wise Men Say

Alec's POV
5 years later
I'm currently Walking down the streets of Manhattan minding my know damn business, the suddenly I'm knocked into by a stranger making his coffee go all over me, I scoff from
the pain of the burning coffee hitting my skin.

"Oh my I'm sorry, let me." A very familiar voice says apologetically. He pats my shirt and looks into my eyes, oh fuck. One word or person Magnus. "Alexander?" Magnus asks.

"The one and only." I say awkwardly, Magnus chuckles. "I suppose so." He says, bitch what does that mean?

I'm pushed into him again by some stranger because me and Magnus are just standing in the middle of the sidewalk on a busy Manhattan morning, so I guide him into the coffee shop I think he came out of when he spilled coffee on me. He looks very confused as I do this I ignore it and motion for him to sit down with me he does awkwardly.

"Soo hows life been?" I say in a cheery mood although I just got my shirt drenched in coffee and talking to my ex.

"Great asshole, life's been a piece of cake since you ripped out my heart and stepped then ran it over with a car a few times, And now you want to talk like we're best buds even though you skipped town and without a goodbye just a letter, how cliché. just started up a new company little rough at first but doing better now." He says bitterly scoffing on cliché, then finishing his rant calmly. Bitch your the one who didn't say goodbye.

"Okay first of all I was just trying to see how you were doing dickbag because I didn't want to be rude and just walk away." I say, "why not Alec it's what you do best?" He says angry. Oh fuck you Magnus.

"Bitch let me finish, second of all you're the one who didn't even say goodbye." I say rigidly, I didn't know he would be this hostile, I thought he would have moved on, I was wrong.

"What the fuck are you talking about, you're the one who wrote that stupid letter after graduation saying your farewell." He says mockingly, I've never seen Magnus this pissed before.

"What?! I only wrote that because you left the graduation ceremony without even saying goodbye or anything to me!" I say on the verge of tears, how dare he excuse me of just walking away, yes I had a tendency to do that but I wasn't going to.

I was going to ask Magnus to try and work things out after the graduation ceremony but he had already left showing me he didn't even care enough about me even say goodbye, unless he knows something I don't.

"What the actual fuck Alexander?! I didn't leave the graduation ceremony before you! I literally watched you walk off the field and into Izzy's car!" He screams making a scene and everyone's eyes are now on us, I could give a shit less though I was too angry to care, "what?! Yes you did leave before me Steve Underhill told me that you had already left when I had bumped into him looking for you!" I scream back.

"Steve told you that the guy who was desperately in love with through out high school and literally did anything to get your attention Underhill?!" He says sharply. "Umm yes, well I didn't know he was desperately in love with me?!" I say confused to what exactly he's getting at.

"God damn Alec you're so fucking clueless, he told you I already left when I hadn't so he could get you alone dumbass!" He yells in a hushed tone through gritted teeth. I feel tears prickling my eyes but I choke it back not wanting to make it look like I was playing the sympathy crying card, even though Magnus's words hurt, yes I'm aware Steve liked me but I didn't think Steve was like that.

Maybe if I wasn't so dumb I would have known Steve was lying and everything won't be so fucked up. I get up to leave tired of this situation, yes I realize I'm walking away but it's for the best and Magnus is being a dick .