Chapter 10: Reject

"How do you think he's doing?" Torso asked, following behind the group. L.Eye rolled himself, "Please stop talking about the reject. It's been a week."

"But I'm worried about him, he's so young, and he's going through a lot. Don't you think we should've gone easier on him?"

R.Arm sighed. "It's just how the rules work, Torso. He wasn't in his assumed form, so he's a reject. We can't change the fate of rejects."

Torso seemed to have frowned, even though they didn't have a face. "But-But."

L.Eye spoke again, this time a hint of anger in his voice. "It's the rules, Torso. Get over it."

Torso was about to respond, but they stopped themselves. It was better to be quiet than anger the others more. "Sorry..."

They were greeted with an annoyed groan and nothing else. The two had already went off, leaving them alone.

Well, not fully.

"Did they ditch you too?" Torso turned around, only to be greeted with Mouth. Oh boy, here we go again. Torso sighed, "Hey Mouth."

Mouth smiled, "Hello sugar. How are ya doing?"

Torso shrugged, "Okay, I guess."

Mouth's smile turned into a frown rather quickly, "Still thinking about the reject?"

If Torso had a head, they would nod.

Mouth chuckled, "It's okay, I am too."

"Really?" Torso asked, this was honestly a shocker. They didn't expect Mouth to think about him.

"Yeah, it's sad, really. He was too young, had his life ahead of him, all that Jazz." Mouth hummed, these comments made Torso rather... curious. Had Mouth been listening his their conversations, because all of this sounded like things they had said. Or maybe they just had the same thoughts, but that just seemed unlikely.

"Do you think he'll be okay?"

"Oh don't worry, all the rejects are okay. Eventually." Mouth replied, once again they smiled.

"Eventually? That'll be way too long..."

Mouth simply chuckled. "I heard today's the day of his funeral, Sad isn't it?" Mouth said with a click of their tongue.

"He won't be able to make it, thought. He's too far away." They continued, this only made Torso feel even worse. "Why would L.Leg position him so far from home?"

Mouth stopped smiling.

"L.Leg is a mysterious man, he's full of secrets. We don't know how his brain works, what makes him tick, y'know?" Their tone was now rather serious, "Why he thinks the way he does and why he does certain things is unknown, not even R.Leg knows."

Suddenly, Mouth started to smirk. "No one knows the answer, but I'm sure we can find out. Ain't that right, sugar?" Torso was silent, "I mean, I guess so."

"That's right, we'll just have to try later on. For now we have to focus on the task at hand." Mouth got closer to Torso, the smirk still there. "Let's Go think about this somewhere else, shall we?"

Torso agreed, and they headed off.

L.Eye watched them finally leave, so he wasn't the only one who knew something was up with L.Leg. Surprising. He rolled himself again, whatever, it's not like they would find the truth anyway.

They would be tortured before the words could escape their lips.

That was the truth.