13. homecoming

A/N

I re-read my story and it doesn’t really make sense. In the description I said she recently turned 15 and her bd is October. I realised that American school starts in august and has homecoming somewhere in October. And I’ve changed some of the minor details in most of the chapters, it’s not that noticeable. Thanks for reading guys !

Haylee’s POV

Homecoming is tomorrow and I still haven’t found a dress. Emily and Rachel decided to take me to Port Angeles to go dress shopping. When we got there it was around lunch so we got lunch first. We had sandwiches at the local café and got coffee and tea.

I wore a sun dress so it’s easier to try on dresses.

“Tomorrow you have no school, so do whatever you wish till 3pm, then come to Paul’s place and Emily and I will make you beautiful.” Rachel planned.

“Okay”

“Hey this shop looks good.” Emily pointed out. It was a jewellery shop.

The shop wasn’t a big brand one; it was something like a home business. Emily had her eye one a really simple yet nice ring. I secretly took a picture.

“I’m going over to the dress shop across the road.” I said while that gushed over how pretty some earrings are.

I walked in and I looked around at all the dress hanging on the racks and the walls. There were some many dresses but none of these really caught my eye. I looked in a rack in the furthest corner of the shop, it was full of old, ugly dresses, I was about to walk away when I flipped to the last one. It was amazing.

“Oh honey, that would look amazing on you.” I turned around and Emily was standing right behind me.

I tried it on and it fit perfectly, we bought it and got some matching heels with it.

*time skip to homecoming day*

“Wakeee uppppp settthhh!!” I yelled into his ear.

“Who let you in?” he joked

“Leah. Now get up. So much to do in such little time.” I sang

“Okay, okay I’m up, just let me get changed.” He motioned for me to turn around.

“Are you done yet?” He didn’t answer so I turned around. He was standing there shirtless still with his pants on.

“How can anyone get changed in that amount of time?” he raised his eyebrow

“Fine, I’m going to Leah’s room” I pretended to storm out. He finally got changed,

“I swear you take longer than me to get changed.”

“Pfftt.” We sat on the floor at the end of his bed. He had already set up the laptop.

“So which movie first, the fault in our stars or guardians of the galaxy?” he asked.

“Hmmm that’s a tough one, the fault in our stars.” I gave him an innocent smile.

We watched it and we had no idea what we got ourselves into. I cried, and cried. It was heartbreaking.

“Come on, it’s just a movie, let watch some YouTube videos to cheer us up.” He suggested.

*2 YouTube videos later*

“Pick that one! PICK THAT ONE” I squealed.

“That one?” pointing the curser to a talking dog.

“No, no! Click on that one” pointing rapidly at the screen with my index finger.

“Okay.” I made a very bland face while the dog talked.

“Dancing cats would have been much better.”

“Well are you holding the laptop. I don’t think so.” He said in a matter of fact tone. I poked my tongue at him.

“Its 3:30, I have to go.” I said unwrapping myself from Seth.

“Nooo” he held even tighter.

“I’ll only be gone for about 2 hours. You’ll see me again. So I’ll see you at the dance?”

“Okay” he pouted.

I walked to Paul’s place; it only took about 10 minutes.

As soon as I walked into the place I was dragged into Paul and Rachael’s room by the woman herself. My make-up didn’t take that long to do because I wanted something simple; as I got changed into my dress Emily helped Rachael do hers.

We made our way to the homecoming avenue and I saw Seth waiting alone outside.

Seth’s POV

I got to the dance and I waited outside for Haylee while Leah went inside with her friends. It wasn’t long before I saw Rachel’s car, I saw her looking around for me before making her way over. She looked pretty, gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, fancy, glamorous, captivating; you name it she’s got it.

she was wearing a cream coloured dress with black strips. outfit in external link

“h-hi” she said nervously, it gave me butterflies in my stomach.

“hey, you beautiful” I smiled, she blushed.

“thank you,” we started to walk in, wow they did a really good job at decorating the place. We danced, talked and ate.

“I’ll be right back, I need to use the bathroom.” Haylee said before leaving the table.

“okay I’ll be waiting here” after a while she left, Brittany came up to me,

“hey seth, are you alone?”

“uhmm no I’m waiting for Haylee.”

“who cares about Haylee” she said grabbing my arms and putting it around her waist and before I could do anything she kissed me.

Haylee’s POV

I went to the bathroom and did my business and came back to the heartbreaking sight unfolding before me. I feel tears sting my eyes as I watched Seth kiss Brittany while having his arms around her waist. i ran out of the homecoming trying my best not to get noticed by any of the pack, I ran to our secret spot on the cliff. I sat there and cried. I heard a twig snap.

“If it’s you Seth, go away.” They kept walking towards me.

“are you okay?” I heard a girl ask. I turned my head around. She was beautiful, perfect skin, red curly hair. I didn’t answer as I have to relive those memories. She came and gave me a hug, she was cold, I tensed but then relaxed.

“It’s okay, I’ll make it all disappear.” I could hear her smirking; I looked at her one last time with confusion on my face, it all happened so fast. I felt my body crash with the water then I started to feel numb. I feel myself falling into the darkness. Maybe this is how I end…

A/N
:OOOO OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!??! Don’t worry this isn’t a tragic love story… or is it. Until next week, love you guys !