Creeping- Prologue

The man sat at his desk silently, watching his glass of wine, as if it held all the answers he needed.
He sighed before taking a sip, feeling the strong liquor warming him up from inside.

He then glanced at his friend, playing with a strand of soft blonde hair.

"Oh so now you're blessing me with your attention, huh? It was about time." The woman, he liked to call his friend, joked.
Then she adjusted the tie of her suit, as she always did when she felt nervous.

The man just chuckled darkly. "These are difficult times for us, especially since you messed up recruiting that girl. I'm disappointed." His voice was serious and his face showed authority.

"Pfft, she was part of another group anyway. It's not like she was that talented." The woman said nonchalantly, even if she felt offended, she respected her boss to some extent. She knew what he was capable of.

The man shook his head slowly, pulling his hood down a bit. "You're so naive at times. You realise I am counting on your emotionless self, do you?"

The woman proceeded to glare at him. "Shut up blondie." She grumbled, before running a hand through her dark brown hair.
"Listen, I wasn't joking when I said I'd kill everyone that gets in our way, but she didn't."

The man gave her a testing look, after a couple minutes he eventually stopped and gave in. "Fine whatever, she's not worth it, but I'm only letting it slide because your my best spy."

The woman nodded gladly.

"Are those news all you've got?" The man questioned, bored and taking another sip of wine.

The woman's eyes brightened at the question, as her lips curled into a wicked smirk.

This peaked the man's interest. "Tell me." He requested immediately.

"Calm down, I will alright." The woman said coyly.
She placed her head on her hands as she nodded at the bottle of wine. "Pour me some." She told her boss.

The man did as she told him reluctantly.
"This better be worth it." He grumbled.

She rolled her eyes and took a sip of the strong alcoholic beverage. "You have no idea." She said cryptically.

He scoffed.
"Stop the mysteries and talk." He ordered moodily.

She lazily watched her glass as she started.
"You remember that fire in Imperatoris, five years ago. The one that stopped after like a day, with nothing being destroyed."

The man's eyes darkened. "I do. We were still so young back then." He mumbled, intrigued to no end.

"Look at you talking like an old man! You're only 22, you're hardly old." The woman laughed at her boss's weird way of speaking.
"Anyway I found out that the reason for that fire was a certain book that's quite infamous.
The book of answers." She said mysteriously.

"So? That book is useless." The man questioned.

"That book became the possession of a group." She continued.

The man's eyes widened slightly. "Somebody broke the curse?" He asked completely stunned.

"It seems so, and you know what's even better? They are bringing the book right here to our territory." Her words dripping in something that made her sound like an absolute maniac.

Her boss settled his glass on the table, lips forming into a crazed sort of smirk.
"What is that group called?" He interrogated his friend, voice dark and malevolent.
He looked like a predator that was about to creep toward his ignorant prey.

The woman smiled meekly.
"It's quite silly." She began before taking a huge gulp of vine.
"They call themselves Danplan."

Author's comment:

This is the prologue for the second book, I hope you're curious!

This book will be a lot darker than the previous one, because I feel like making everything a bit more twisted, but don't worry. I'll keep putting in casual humour and references!

You don't necessarily have to read the other book to get this story, but it would be better to understand the Au.

Well this chapter is short because it's the prologue, but I hope you still enjoyed it!

Bye, bye girlfriends, boyfriends and none binary lovers!