Base 1

When they arrived at yet another forest, they started to loose hope that Jay was actually leading them somewhere.
Still they kept on following him, deciding to commit to the situation.

"He's leading us into a trap. I'm sure." Stephen muttered, deciding to destroy everyone's mood.

Daniel glared a him, wondering why he had to be so annoying again. It seemed to have started that night where they decided to visit that village, that the necromancer's attitude had worsened. Especially after actually seeing the small town.
Daniel was annoyed at this. Why was his adult friend having mood swings like a teenager?
"Could you not?" He complained, his eyebrow twitching slightly.

Stephen shrugged."If we die, I'll make you pay." Stephen threatened, not caring about the lack of logic behind his words.

Anne chuckled. "Technically that doesn't make much sense, since we'd already be dead. How'd you make us pay?" She asked jokingly.

Hosuh rolled his eyes. "How about we just hope we don't die?" He suggested.

Dan nodded. "Sounds good to me."

Stephen huffed. "You're all delusional then."

Meanwhile Jay looked behind him, at the strange group, wondering if they just forgot he was there and could hear everything they were saying.
He still couldn't really blame them. It was tough trusting people at a time like this. Especially people with as much power and influence as him.
Still he sincerely hoped they'd open up. They didn't even know what value they had with them. And if the Mafia would have gotten them first, it would have been a serious disaster.
"Since your all worrying already, I think I should tell you that we're really close." Jay told them walking deeper into the forest.

They started to hear the sound of water rushing, and quickly noticed that they were walking along a small river. It flowed beneath what seemed to be a hill. The hill was beautiful to look at. The rock's shapes and imperfections looked fascinating. It felt like a time travel back to years were strong waters had formed it.

After about ten minutes of walking, they reached something even more fascinating.
A waterfall.
It seemed majestic, it's waters rushing down into the river loudly, creating those refreshing noises.

Hosuh, Anne, Daniel and Joe, all looked at it wide eyed, admiring it with childlike curiosity.

Jay smiled in satisfaction, and Monas eyes seemed warmer all of a sudden.
They were finally home.

Jay turned to the fascinated group behind him and bowed dramatically. "We are at the base!" He announced in a festive manner.

Now all of their stares were blank. Confusion written on their faces.

However Jay did not seem annoyed by this, no, his gaze was filled with pride.
"Well." He began to announce. "Our secret hide out needs to be hidden after all." The mysterious man explained.

"Are you gonna let us in or not?" Stephen grumbled, not caring for the other man's games.

Jay rolled his eyes, but didn't seem too bothered. "It's behind the waterfall." He concluded.
He proceeded to walk closer to the river, then he jumped from rock to rock expertly, untill he reached the other side only to disappear behind the waterfall.

Joe watched in awe, before turning to Mona. "H-how is that possible? The pressure of the water is way to big to not hurt him!" He asked in absolute disbelief.

Instead of answering his question though, Mona just gave him a sly wink. The she followed Jays example to disappear behind the waterfall.

Daniel shrugged. "I'll try it." He decided, as impulsive as always.

Stephen muttered something along the lines of "of course" but was ignored by the green haired male.

After Daniel followed Hosuh, then Stephen, and lastly Joe, mostly because he feared being alone.

The inside was even more stunning then the outside.
It was it's own little ecosystem, with loads of houses, yards and people, living a normal life there. Everything was full of light and flowers, this sure wasn't the shady cave they had expected.

"It's beautiful." Hosuh commented.

To which Stephen replied with. "Just like every lie."

Daniel chuckled. "You sound like an edgy teen." He couldn't help but say.

Stephen glared at him. "Screw you Daniel." He muttered.

Hosuh smiled. "You will always be our edgy teen Stephen." He said sweetly.

This caused Stephen to slightly blush and look away. "You are terrible people." He complained.

"He's not wrong." Jay commented.

"About us being terrible people?" Joe asked, mildly offended.

Jay chuckled. "No, about the lie thing."
His tone shifted to a darker, serious one. Almost a whisper. "This place might seem safe, but it's full of people wanting our blood. Everyone could be a traitor and we get attacked rather often. Don't let appearances fool you."

Hosuh shivered at the thought.

They walked for a while until they reached a restaurant. It's name brought up unpleasant memories, especially for Daniel.

They entered warily. As they sat at the table, all eyes were suddenly on them.
They quickly noticed the issue, since they're waitress was none other than Pau.

"Welcome to Tea Time, what can I bring you?" She asked sweetly, smiling with an innocent look on her face.

Before anyone could express they're horror, Jay decided to speak up. "Don't worry, she's a bit weird. This might seem strange, but she owns two bars. One here, and one in the other city, which is Mafia territory." He explained.

Everyone nodded slowly, understanding a bit of what he was saying.

"Before I tell you what I need you for, I should probably introduce you to some of these wonderful people who are so intensely staring at you." He began.

Pau immediately came forward, being the extroverted girl she was. "I'm Pau, as you know! I do the spy stuff, but don't worry, you can trust me! I am overjoyed to meet you once more, now with open cards."

Jay nodded at her. "Alright, you should also know Simon. He's basically our system. He, as most of the people here, has a lot of magical capacity. He makes sure to keep the nature here well and healthy. And he's the one behind the waterfall trick."
He said this while pointing at a teen sitting in the back of the room smiling at them, while waving.

Those brown eyes. Daniel was so sure he'd seen them before somewhere.

"Then we also have his sister Cindy, she keeps our schedules, because of her amazing memory it's easy for her. She's not here though, she's in the library, as always. If you have any questions, ask her."
Jay introduced yet another person.

"Lastly you already know Mona, I only wanna tell you that she's a selective mute. So if she doesn't answer your questions, it's not because she wants to annoy you." The red haired male finished.

Still everyone was looking at him expecting the big reveal.

But no such amazing reveal was granted.
"You see, you are here because you have something that the Mafia wants to own, but that we can not let them have. The book of answers.
We don't know how they are planning to use it, but apparently it's incredibly destructive and we can't let that happen.
If you want further explanation, then stay here, otherwise Pau will lead you to your rooms to rest."

With that, Stephen got up, not caring for what other stupid thing Jay had to say.
Hosuh followed him, hoping to be able to ask what was wrong. Then Anne went with them as well.

Meanwhile Dan and Joe were still needing more detailed information.

Author's comment:
I know you missed me, so have this chapter.
It's a bit dry and just informative.

Next chapter will be more emotional, and Stephen themed.

See you next time, girlfriends boyfriends and none binary lovers!