Marionettes & Blood

Warning:
This chapter might contain images that are disturbing to some people.
Please don't read if you're easily disturbed.

I don't mean to sound extremely dramatic, but I still wanted to warn you.

-Blood, violence, disturbing images

As for the people that will still read. Enjoy...

Daniel couldn't cope with the situation he was in.
His body felt numb from fear, no, terror.
He was out of breath and sweating, but most importantly, he couldn't move.
He couldn't move a single part of his body.
He couldn't run, he couldn't leave, he couldn't escape.

Daniel hated the helpless feeling it brought to him, no, he detested it. He was a leader, he was supposed to be strong and in control. So why was his heart beating that fast, as he stood with absolutely no power over his own body?

He couldn't let his breath get heavy, he couldn't be loud. He wanted to scream but the darkness that was is fear held him hostage and mute, to drown him out completely.
So he kept quiet, hoping it would help.

The only noise he could hear was the terrible, repetitive, creaking sound behind him.
As if someone was slowly rocking back and forth on a chair.

"Don't look behind you." A familiar voice warned. So familiar that it seemed foreign.
Margaret. His sister.

Daniel felt a wave of relief settle in his body, also a bit of joy at hearing his beloved sister's voice.
The fear turned him naive.

"Daniel...please don't look." Were Margaret's frightened words.
"But think of what she told you."
Those were the last words she said, and Daniel had yet to turn around.

He was scared of what he'd see of course, but he was also curious. The kind of morbid curiosity people that liked to read horror stories had. The kind of fear that was thrilling, in a weird, twisted manner.

'What's wrong with me?' He thought, feeling conflicted.
He could either stand there and continue listening to the sickening noise forever, or he could just let his curiosity take over to satisfy it. But what would the price of that be?

He stood still for a few more moments, before he decided that he could only fight something he could see, and therefore he had to see what was behind him. Even if Margaret warned him.
He knew she meant well, but he had no time apparently, so he wasn't going to waste it.

With that in my mind, Daniel slowly turned around, trembling as he did so. Still undeniably scared of what he might see.
He was now facing the direction of the noise, but his eyes were shut tightly.
'Have I made the wrong decision?' He wondered anxiously, but he knew it was too late to turn back at this point.

He opened his eyes slowly. Emerald orbs finally seeing.
What he saw in front of him was a truly strange sight.
Not quite scary, but disturbing.

In the dark he could see the silhouette of a pale, faceless humanoid creature.
Playing with equally plain marionettes, that seemed to be fighting.
The creature made one of the dolls carry a small knife, as it walked closer to another one.

Daniel couldn't help but feel a chill run down his spine at the weird, twisted image. Still it wasn't that bad.

Then the marionette stabbed the other with the small knife, twisting it slowly, managing to get directly to the point were it's heart was.
This was already weird enough to begin with, but what truly shocked Daniel was the red substance coming from the wound.
Blood.
It flowed softly out of the wound, colouring the black floor to a deep red.
The marionette wouldn't stop, more blood leaving it than it could possibly have.