Ignorance is Bliss

Daniel went back to the room he shared with his friends, being completely lost in thought.
Once he arrived, he knocked on the door three times.

"Who's there?" Hosuh asked, sounding rather calm.

"It's just me." Daniel answered absentminded, and with a tired voice.

Hosuh was quick to unlock the door and let in his friend.
He immediately noticed how pale Daniel's face was, so he started to worry.
"Daniel, what's wrong? Did something happen to Anne?"

Daniel walked to his bed and sat down on it tiredly.
"Anne is...fine." He mumbled in awe and confusion.

Hosuh shot him a confused look. "So everything is alright?" He asked critically.

Daniel looked up at him for a moment. "Did you hear anything when I was gone?" He asked completely off topic.

"Just your stomping." Stephen commented from his bed lazily.

"I tried my best to be silent..." Daniel mumbled, almost apologetically, which caused Stephen to feel shocked. Daniel never took an insult like that, it wasn't normal.

Hosuh noticed this too and decided to speak up.
"It's fine Daniel. Why did you ask anyway?" The healer questioned, concern showing in his soft voice.

"It doesn't really matter..." Daniel mumbled, before laying down on his bed. "I'm probably just tired."

With that weird conversation, their day ended.

The next morning was a complete disaster.
They were woken up by loud threatening sounds, coming from the restaurant.
The sounds were unlike anything they'd ever heard, loud and unforgiving. Just hearing them made pain crawl down their bodies like they knew they should be afraid.

Daniel shot up immediately at the sounds, and so did the rest. They quickly gathered their things and went to open the door. Now the question was: Where would they go?

"Before we go anywhere we should get Anne." Daniel decided, taking lead of the situation.

Hosuh and Stephen nodded and followed him.

Daniel was quick to knock on the door. "Anne, are you ok?" He asked anxiously.

The door was opened by a confused looking Anne.
"Yeah I'm fine, but what's going on here?"

Daniel shrugged. "No clue, but we should probably leave." He told her.

The woman nodded in response.

Through all this the loud sounds never stopped. As if someone was continuously throwing things against a wall at extreme speed. Loud and seemingly endless.

"There is only one way out." Hosuh commented. "And it's through the restaurant."

Stephen just stood still. "Hey, have you noticed how we're the only ones here? No one else is running out of their room and panicking. It's just us." He muttered in pensive confusion.

All of the stood still for a a second, as realising settled upon them.

It was true.
They were the only ones panicking.

"But." Hosuh whispered through the noise. "Why?"

No one answered. No one knew the answer.

"We have to leave this place." Daniel whispered frustratedly.

"How about we just stay in our room like the others." Stephen defied Daniel's plan.

Daniel stared at him for a moment. "What?"

"You heard me." Stephen made clear.

Daniel's expression darkened. "Who thinks we should go for Stephen's plan?" He asked calmly.

Anne shook her head immediately, which slightly confused everyone, but they chose not to mention.

Hosuh laid a hand on Daniel's shoulder. "We should probably do what Stephen says. It seems less dangerous for now." He argued.

Daniel wore an emotionless look. "Fine." He muttered.

Then they went back into their room. Anne coming with them, not wanting to be alone.

The noise continued on for a couple of eternal minutes, until it was replaced by a ghostly quiet.

None of them cheered or commented on it. They just revelled in the sudden, beautiful change.

After spending at least ten minutes like that. They decided to head out and leave the cursed building.

"It's time to go guys!" Anne called in her usual pushy manner.

"Sure." Hosuh agreed.

"Don't you say." Stephen commented sarcastically.

And Daniel, Daniel just remained quiet and nodded.

They carefully went down the stairs, to make sure nothing would happen.

Once they arrived at the restaurant or pub, they found an absolute mess.

There were holes in the walls, broken bottles plates and vases scattered about, and the door was wide open.

They could see Pau standing in the middle of the destroyed room, a serious look on her pretty face. But there was no fear at all.
The woman sighed, then returned to her cheery smile as she started cleaning up.

Daniel and the others carefully walked passed her, trying not to disturb her.

Pau only briefly smiled up at them. "It's normal." She reassured them before they left.
Then she returned to carelessly cleaning the anonymous mess.

Nobody dared to ask what happened. It seemed to impolite.
A part of them didn't even want to know.
Ignorance could be bliss sometimes.

They walked out of the building, expecting to see people still panicking over what had happened, but no such luck.
The people in the streets were quietly walking toward their different destinations.
Even if some looked a bit tense, they just exepted it.

"This place gives me the chills." Hosuh mumbled fearfully.

"It'll be fine." Anne reassured gently.

"How?" Stephen interrupted. "How is any of this fine?"

Anne shrugged. "I'd like to stay." She stated.

"Oh hell no." Stephen made sure they knew his opinion.

Daniel nodded. "I'm with Stephen on this. We should leave this town." His voice was serious, a lot more than usual.

Hosuh agreed with them, so Anne had to except that they were leaving.
She didn't take it to bad though.

They quickly made their way out of the town, turning their backs on it's Problems.
Just like that they'd leave it all behind, forever.

Or so they thought. Probably it was better that way.
Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Author's comment:
Hope you liked this chapter!

It might be a bit confusing