No Time

Daniel found himself standing in a long corridor.
Pastel walls surrounding him, while dimmed light let him see the shadows of the room perfectly.

He was shocked, not knowing how he'd gotten there, or how he could leave.
His mind was racing, evaluating all possibilities of how he could have gotten there.

Suddenly he heard a sickening crack beneath him. Like someone's neck had been forcibly broken. The sound made his blood run cold and his body freeze.

The he realised what was going on.
The floor beneath him was falling apart.

Fearfully he ran from the spot he'd been standing on. Only for it to collapse and make space for a dark hole.
It was so deep that Daniel couldn't see the ground of it.

Another crack.
And once again Daniel ran, not wanting to fall, to drown in that infinite, unknown darkness.
Too scared to be curious.

The cracking sounds wouldn't stop, and so would the floor falling apart into million pieces to be devoured by the darkness beneath it.

Daniel could only continue running, running until he was out of that haunted house. His feet hurt and it felt as though he was moving in slow motion, while everything around him was incredibly fast and undeniably close.

After endless seconds, he could see a literal light at the end of the tunnel. There was a wooden door, glowing in a bright, golden light.

He ran toward it, but it seemed to get more and more far away with every step he took.

From beneath him he could hear screams and cries of despair, but he couldn't stop to help. He had to save himself first.

"Don't do it!" He could hear a woman's voice yelling.

"He's trying to kill us all!" A man's voice echoed through the spooky hallway.

Daniel tried blocking out the nonsense, but it wasn't easy. It was hard to ignore the screams and whispered pleas, when he didn't even know what the reason for them was.
'What the hell are they talking about? Who is trying to kill them?' Daniel wondered quietly, panting as he ran toward the door.

The floor was falling apart faster now, too fast for Dan to cope with it. He needed to get out of the corridor quickly.
He knew he  couldn't reach the glowing door though.

Suddenly, as if fate had meant for it to be there, a dark wooden door stood tall to his right.
It looked nothing like the other pastel doors, it looked older and run down. But most importantly, it was open.

Daniel threw himself through the open door, falling hardly in the steady floor of the room.

Once he opened his eyes to see what kind of room he was in, his eyes widened in shock.

He wasn't inside of a room, but sat on the ground of a giant Autumn forest.
The forest seemed normal for the most part.

The only thing that was off was the season, since it was actually summer, but it was Autumn in the forest.
Or at least that was what he thought.

He got up slowly, brushing dust of his clothing.
He looked around only to notice a river and a small, fragile bridge traveling over it.

He walked toward it curiously, when the voice of a young girl startled him.

"Don't cross it. Don't cross the bridge." She warned him.
She looked around six and had long, black hair. Her skin was pale and her eyes were covered by strands of messy hair.

After looking at her for a while, Daniel realised something. "Aren't you the book girl. The one Hosuh told me about!?" He questioned curiously.

The girl nodded meekly.
"We don't have much time Daniel." She said softly.

Daniel frowned.
"What do you mean?"

"We don't have time. There is no time." The girl repeated.

"Time for what?" Daniel asked confusedly.

The girl stared at him for a while. "Time for nothing. Time for time." She tried to explain.

Daniel looked as clueless as before.

"I called you here to tell you that you can see me." She tried again, hoping for him to understand.
The she proceeded to look at her wrist, as if there was a watch on it.
"I need to go now." She stated, as she walked toward the bridge.

She crossed it quietly, feet hitting the ground so softly that it looked as if she hovered above it.
"I'm sorry. I couldn't protect you." She mumbled, disappearing into the thick fog beyond the bridge.

Daniel stood there, mouth agape, skin feeling cold. Hosuh had told him how weird the girl could speak and what kind of impression she made, but he could never imagine it as vividly as he had just seen.
She was the kind of person he couldn't forget.

He continued making his way through the woods, until he could see a pastel door, standing in the middle of the forest, without a room or anything behind it.

His feet walked on their own toward that door, not hesitating for a second as he opened it.

He entered, and found himself in a completely black room. No light or objects anywhere.

Suddenly something like a screen appeared.
It was white and glowing, while black numbers were projected onto it.
Daniel had never seen anything like it.
Then people appeared on it.
In the distance there were about twenty children or teens, walking in a valley, talking light hearted.

The screen proceeded to go black for a moment, that was followed by a small rural town on the screen.
Then it went black again.

Suddenly there was a flicker of light, images of absolute panic, people screaming and crying.
Blue light and panic.

Then it went black one last time.
The image he could see afterwards was a single drop of blood, hitting a parquet floor, while the background noises of children playing reappeared.

The screen disappeared completely and Daniel stood in silence and complete darkness for a moment.

Then he heard something move behind him.

Author's comment:
Did you like this?
I had fun writing it, to be honest. I generally like writing things like this, it was inspired by one of my dreams. Don't question me I dream messed up stuff.

Oh yeah and it's also a cliffhanger, since I know how much you love those

Welp, bye girlfriends, boyfriends and none binary lovers! ❤