Finally

The four of them had been walking for hours form the last forest they had camped at, hoping they'd find civilization.

They were used to long walks by now, considering they'd been living a life that didn't match with settling down.
The reason for their lifestyle was the fear of being prosecuted, because of many reasons.

The biggest problem with their little group was magic.
Magic generally, the fact that they could use it, understood how it worked and were publicly known as a certain term ignorant humans liked to use.
They were considered witches.

Nevertheless, none of them identified with that term, there was already another name for the chaotic group, and that name was Danplan.
A name that mostly came to be because Daniel was kind of a leader to the group and because of an insider between him and Hosuh.

Hosuh looked at the blue sky above him, letting the cold morning air wake him up a bit more.
They'd started walking at night, taking advantage of the cold and the darkness, because wandering when it was summer could be very exhausting, especially because the region they were in was unbearably warm.

Still he didn't mind that. They had been through worse.
Now that they were outside of the known kingdoms, it was basically impossible for the enemy to find them.
This was due to the fact that the so called 'unknown kingdoms' had close to zero civilization. Sure, you could find a few people living in underdeveloped houses or in the forest, but except that nature reigned in the places they'd seen.
This also meant that getting resources like food was harder, but after five years you get used to such things.

The healer was cought up in his thoughts, so he didn't even notice that he had slowed down, but of course a certain necromancer took care of that in his usual charming manner.

"Hosuh! The hell are you doing! You're legs aren't as short as Daniel's, so why are you so slow!"
Stephen yelled provocatively. One would think that after five years of friendship he'd be nicer, but Stephen was a special case.

Anne couldn't help but chuckle.

Daniel turned around to face Stephen angrily.
"First of all, it's one centimetre. Second, I'm faster then you!" Daniel argued, he wasn't wrong. They had all grown, and Hosuh had grown to be a centimetre taller than Daniel. Much to the green haired man's dismay, which Stephen liked to use as advantage in their friendly arguments.

"Sorry guys!" Hosuh exclaimed, running up to them.
"I was just thinking..." He told them as he arrived next to them, panting slightly.

"Ohhhh." Anne commented, smirking smugly. "Who are you thinking of ?"

Daniel laughed. "It can't be that Anne, there basically isn't any civilization here." He argued.

Stephen gasped. "How dare you just assume he's attracted to humans?!" He accused the other dramatically.

The green haired man just rolled his eyes.

Hosuh shook his head, looking at the three crazed humans that he called his friends.
"You're all adults. When are you actually going to act like it?"

Anne threw her head back dramatically. "You have wounded me, my friend!" She exclaimed ironically, before focussing on the road again.

They continued walking rather quietly, except for some friendly bantering. Where Anne and Stephen focussed on annoying Daniel, all the while Hosuh just laughed at them and defended his friend sometimes.

It started getting warmer and all of them got more tired, as the day went on and they aimlessly walked through the giant valley.

The emptiness of the scenery was both scary and fascinating, probably someone new to it would be confused.
Yet Hosuh was confident they would find a way out of it, after all they'd done so many great things in the past.
They'd fought all sorts of mythical creatures, so a bit of heat and a valley could not stop them, no matter how helpless the situation seemed.

After a while they could see something absolutely unexpected. The horizon was filled with lights, coming from houses.
They were looking at what seemed to be a village.

Daniel was shocked. He hadn't seen a village of that size in years. "Is that what I think it is?" He asked the rest of the group, completely baffled.

Hosuh looked at the village wide eyed. It looked misplaced for some reason.

"Hell yeah!" Anne exclaimed excitedly, running towards the village as fast as she could.

Stephen sighed, feeling content.  He followed Anne and so did the rest.

When they arrived at the village the few people passing by, looked at them in complete and utter disbelief. As if they were a different species or something, but at least they didn't seem aggressive.
They simply didn't seem to trust the odd group, maybe because it wasn't usual for new people to visit.

"They're looking at us like we're criminals." Anne muttered under her breath, trying to ignore the nosy whispers of the villagers.

Stephen smirked. "They're not threatening to burn us alive, we're fine."

Daniel nodded. "At least I overheard them speak in our language, so communication won't be a problem."

They decided to stop at the only restaurant and hotel they could see. It's name was strange to say the least.
They read it confusedly, not paying much attention to it, but still finding it weird.

'Tea time.'

Author's comment:

Hope you liked this chapter, though it's a bit of a filler, I felt as though the explanation was needed.
I promise next chapter will have more action!

There's a reference in this chapter, I wonder who finds it...
Next chapter I'll introduce a couple characters that have something to do with the reference, so maybe it will give you a clue...
Comment if you know what I'm talking about!

Bye, girlfriends, boyfriends and none binary lovers!