Base2

A door at the end of the corridor opened slowly, Daniel turned around to be able to see the who had been the one to open it.
He was pleasantly surprised when he saw a familiar face, Hosuh.
The healer smiled slightly at Daniel, in a way that indicated something bad had happened.
Joe was cowering behind the grey haired male.
He was followed by Stephen and Anne, who both looked at the ground, instead of facing Dan.

"Hey Daniel, how are you?" Hosuh began the conversation.

Daniel smiled awkwardly. "Well, I'm still a bit dizzy, and very confused about what is happening, but aside from that I am fine."

Hosuh sighed. "That's good. When Joe told us that you've collapsed, we were really worried, especially after what happened tonight. We thought that...Nevermind." He mumbled, it was clear that he was trying to hold back something that bothered him.

"W-what do you mean? Hosuh, can you please explain what is going on here?" The green haired male asked softly.

Hosuh stayed silently, however, Joe had decided to speak up.
"Earlier, when we both were speaking to Jay, you collapsed, most likely because of the book. Then you were brought here to the hospital.
Then on the same day there was a fight in the streets, or a planned attack, to be precise. Someone, a traitor, has attacked Cindy.
That was already worrying enough, but then..."

"But then what?" Daniel felt his throat and mouth go completely dry.

"Then his corpse was found the next morning." Stephen ended the phrase honestly. It might have seemed violent, but he felt as though they needed closure.
He walked a few steps closer to Daniel, then he firmly placed a hand on his shoulder.
He looked him in the eyes directly, and with a striking, morbid confidence, he said what no one else was willing to say.
"The leader of this place, Jay, he's dead. He was murdered by a traitor, approximately 4 hour ago."

The room was now completely silent, no one dared to say a word, as Stephen removed his hand from Daniel's shoulder.

The green haired male didn't know what to feel. He had expected this, if he was honest. Now it was all so real though, way too real for him.
He hadn't known Jay for a long time, so while he was sad, that was not the worst thing.
He was more worried about the other people in the base, they had lots their leader.
He knew that would mean chaos, and despair. And of course this was what the Mafia wanted, that way it was way easier for them to attack.
It was so cold and calculated.
"We aren't safe here."
He said slowly.

Stephen chuckled bitterly. "Well spoken, genius."

"So what are we going to do?" Hosuh asked Daniel hopefully.

Daniel remained silent for a moment.

Anne spoke up for the first time. "I-i want to help." She whispered. "I want to fight the mafia. Today I saw how Pau cried, and how all the others cried. Pau is such a sweet person.
They all deserve better, we can't just let this slide." She said more loudly.

Daniel smiled softly. "Well,  then I guess this is our problem now. We will have to take care of it.
Are you all with me?" He looked at the others hopefully.

Anne immediately nodded.
Then Hosuh did the same.

Stephen slowly nodded, intently looking at Daniel.

After a moment of hesitation, even Joe nodded, slowly, but firmly. "I may not be very useful but I will try my best." He announced softly.

Daniel smiled proudly, he felt honoured that all of them were willing to follow him. "Just you wait, Mafia, we are coming for you." He whispered under his breath, clenching his  fists tightly.

Author's comment:
Sooooo yeeee I am back and you know what??
Daily updates from now on!

Ok yeah that might be too excited, but I am just happy to finally have more time to dedicate to my writing.

Many of you might have been confused, but I think with this short chapter you'll all have a better idea of where this is going.

Anyway, thank you all for waiting!

See you tomorrow, girlfriends boyfriends and none binary lovers!