Outburst

He walked down the street silently, softly letting his fingers trail along the walls of the buildings he passed. Each one felt slightly different, but they all had that roughness to them, as they slowly consumed his finger nails.
He was acting on something like an instinct, but driven by only emotions, though it wasn't the sweet kind.
He dreamed all his life about this strange place tied to so many memories while non of them felt like they truly belonged to him.
Stephen's mind was like an attic, he always found new things that he had nearly forgotten about, and once they came back they made his heart ache with something he couldn't name, a pain so sincere that it scared him.
Of course he would never admit to any of that. What was in his attic should stay there, no one else should see it. He would lock it carefully and make sure to keep it that way.

He stopped as he smelled something familiar, metallic and bitter. The smell of fresh blood.

For a moment he just stood there, wondering if it was purely imagination.
But he quickly noticed that the bodies before him weren't just shadows of his memory.
They were as real as the air they no longer got to breathe, and as cold as the ground that was their tomb.
The house behind seemed like an oversized tomb stone, and the necromancer knew all too well that it wasn't very far from that.

The small building hadn't changed much, except there being a huge fence before it, to keep any living soul away from that haunted place.
But it still had it's dirty walls, painted in various shades of grey and brown, with only the brush of time.
It's windows were like empty eye sockets, with no glass before them and an outstanding darkness behind them.
The door was slightly left open, like had left it many years ago.

He didn't know what it was, that feeling that moved him to walk toward that unholy house he used to call a home.
As he walked closer it reminded him of his walks back home from when he went to church.
Back then the house had seemed so big and powerful compared to him, but now, now he saw it for what it really was.
A small and insignificant house, as unstable as his family, to fit the mood.

He opened the door slowly, and was welcomed by a loud creaking sound.
He didn't pay it any mind as he kept walking, each step causing the and wooden pavement to cry out in pain as if it was an elderly person who's bones were too fragile to carry their children.

Stephen once again payed no mind. He walked to the living room, determination clear in his violet eyes.

As he stood in said room, he looked at a specific place on the ground.
And once again nothing had changed. Only to prove his memories weren't just a collection of nightmares.
The stain of blood was still there, the broken bottle was still their.
Even some shards of the porcelain vase his father had broken were still distributed on the ground, like a trail leading to the kitchen.

He couldn't decide if it would be worse to be sad, or to just stay indifferent. Stephen feared his own reaction, as if he had no control over it.

He wondered whether there were any good memories linked to this place, but he couldn't find any. There probably were some but he'd forgotten about them. His brain worked like that, the worst times were the most memorable ones.
Why were they even so easy to forget.

They decided to not repeat their mistake from before, and remained one big group.
That way they could avoid losing yet another person.

"So where do you think your friend could be?" Jay asked calmly, as if he was used to these kinds of missions.

"I don't know..." Hosuh mumbled, feeling worry take him over. What had been funny seemed suddenly dangerous.
"I hope nothing happened to him." He said softly.

Daniel smiled with encouragement. "I'm sure it's gonna be fine." He lied shamelessly. He didn't want to make anyone more nervous and felt as though he had recently disregarded his rule as a strong leader, which caused him immense feelings of guilt.

"It's impossible that anyone attacked him, Mona and I made sure to kill all of them." He said this with the same smile from before, a smiled that looked like it belonged to someone that should be in a play, playing the rule of the ruthless prince charming.

While his statement did calm everyone in a way, it also was a strange thing to hear, way to morbid to be comprehensible.

Hosuh sighed, he wished he knew what was going on in Stephen's head. He wished he could understand, so he could help. 'Why did he run of like this?' He kept on asking himself, desperate to make sense of the situation.

Then suddenly they heard footsteps. As though many people were rushing toward them.

Jay was immediately on high alert pulling his weapon out of his pocket and loading it with a swift movement and pointing it toward whatever was attacking them.

"Calm down. Maybe it's Stephen!" Hosuh suggested, however he was quickly silenced by Daniel.

"No, there's multiple people, can't you hear?" The green haired male explained.

Hosuh nodded uneasily.

What happened afterwards couldn't be described, because even one word would take too long.

In a matter of seconds, people with dirty white robes ran toward Jay and Mona, with the obvious motive to attack them.

As Jay looked at their faces and the blood stains, his eyes widened, and his posture eased. He was calm.

In that instant Mona lowered her weapon, blindly following the silent order Jay had given her.

Then there was a small, insignificant movement of Jay's hand.

Immediately the hoard of people stopped moving, and fell to the ground with a thud.

"Nice try, necromancer." He mumbled, before yawning.
"No need to attack us though. We're all friends."

Hosuh took a moment to process what had been said and what had happened.
Stephen's disappearance
The attack, directed only at Jay and Mona.
The attackers, with various blood stains on them.
The accuse of a necromancer being behind all of it.
"Stephen." He found himself saying, loud enough for everyone to hear.
Maybe this was all a misunderstanding.

Author's comment:
So yeah, I finally got this done, hope you enjoy!
I actually was planning to post yesterday, but welp, that didn't work out

Anyway this chapter is pretty dark, and confusing, so yeah. I think most people got it, but things will be explained better in the next chapter.

Anyway, see you soon, girlfriends boyfriends and none binary lovers!