Unbelievable/Unexpected

"It's...It's unbelievable...how...how could that happen..?" Daniel could hear a sad female voice whisper.

"I don't know." Another voice replied seriously. "I don't know, but whoever did this will pay." The voice sounded bitter, and disgusted.

"But this can't be, he can't be..." the female voice kept repeating anxiously.

"Dead." The other voice finished the sentence mercilessly.

Suddenly Dan felt panic. He could only see white light and two silhouettes above him, but he couldn't move, nor talk.
He could hear very well though, and he feared the topic of conversation.
Death.
'Am I...dead?'
The question was simple yet it was driving him crazy.
Was he the person they were talking about? Where they about to close his casket and forever send him away?
He couldn't know, he didn't know, and that was getting to him.
He felt his heart beat faster.
Did it even beat at all?

He heard one of the two silhouettes sniffling.

Was he the one they would cry over?

The serious voice said. "Go then, my friend, you need to rest."
And Daniel couldn't tell if he meant the crying person, or him, because in both cases that kind of goodbye was fitting.

He heard one person slowly walk out of the room.
"Is h-he going to be fine at least?" She asked, voice breaking slightly.

"Yeah, no complications on this one. And Cindy is fine too." The serious voice said finally, before walking away as well.

Then Daniel could hear the door close with a dull thud.

The green haired male was confused, and he felt lonely. He didn't know where he was and he couldn't see well either, he was absolutely lost, and he still wasn't even sure if he was alive.

Slowly his sight went more dark, until he couldn't see anything.
What was the last thing he saw? How did he get into that situation?

"You aren't blind Daniel." He heard a familiar voice say, before passing out again.

Meanwhile the city was in chaos, the word had spread, and there was no way to take back what had happened.
It seemed unreal.
People were either crying or not even believing that it had actually happened.
Those who dared to walk in the dark ominous streets were quiet, they only spoke in hushed voices, if they spoke at all, and their steps were lighter than ever, like they weren't even touching the ground.
But they're eyes were filled with violent fury, a burning hatred for what they didn't know, whatever was lurching in those dark corners they didn't want to look at.
Their mistake was to connect fear to darkness only, for shadows couldn't exist without light.

When Daniel woke up, it was because of a scream.
It was loud, high pitched, and it sounded absolutely terrified.

His eyes opened immediately, as he shot up from the hospital bed, still feeling a bit dizzy.
He began to look around himself, to see who had screamed so loudly, but quickly noticed there were curtains around him. He could see a small shelf next to the bed he was laying on, it was white.
Actually everything was coloured in different shades of white.
The only thing that had a dark colour was his book, that laid neatly on the shelf.
It looked untouched, and he was glad.

After a moment of thinking, he pulled on the curtain at his right.
After pulling it away he could see an empty bed, just like tho one he was laying on. Nonetheless, there was no one on that side that could have screamed like that.

He proceeded to push away the curtain on his right, so he could see if someone was there.
His eyes went wide as he looked at the person in front of him.
A young woman, with blonde hair in a ponytail, and icy blue eyes. Her complexion was rosy, and she was wearing a plain, beige, long sleeved dress.
She was sitting on a hospital bed, her gaze unfocused, she probably didn't even know Daniel was there.
She looked oddly familiar, especially that far away expression.

"I'm sorry but are you ok?" Daniel asked awkwardly.

The woman blinked in surprise, and turned around to look at him. Her eyes were cold, but not in a deprecating way, they just seemed distant.
"I am fine, I had a weird dream." She said, her voice monotonous.

"Oh." Dan said, still slightly awkward. "Well, I definitely know how that feels." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

The young woman didn't smile, but her look seemed to have warmed up slightly.
"Of course you do, Daniel. We are quiet similar after all."

Daniel was a bit taken aback by the fact that the girl knew his name.
Then something clicked in his head, like puzzle pieces coming together. It was so obvious.
That poetic way, the bad dreams, that distant expression.
"Wait, could it be that you are Marry's daughter? Cindy?" He asked.

The girl nodded. "Yeah, that is true."

"Wow, you've grown so much." He noticed, in fact she was a teen now, just like he was when he first met her. "How is your mother?" He proceeded to ask curiously.

Cindy smiled slightly. "She's as crazy as always, but that's ok." Then she got back her serious expression.
"I need to write down this dream. It might be important in the future." She mumbled before taking a black notebook from the shelf next to her.
She began to write slowly, then she gave Daniel a comforting look.
"It's bad, but you'll be ok, Daniel." She mumbled quietly.

Daniel only responded with a confused stare.

She sighed quietly. "What do you think is worse, lying, or not saying the truth?"

Daniel cocked his head to the side. "Isn't that like, the same thing."

She laughed. "You're kind of naive. You're seeing this from a really close minded perspective." She corrected him.

Somehow he didn't like what she had just said, it was weird, but he couldn't stand the way she just called him naive. There was a strange undertone of something disturbing.
"How?" He asked.

"You can lie to someone actively, or you can simply not talk about something bad you have done, and therefore make it seem harmless."

Her words made sense to him, yet he still didn't like them.
He felt weird, like there was something he should know.
He tried to ignore the growing pain in his chest.
"Well, I have to go now, it was nice seeing you. I have to talk to Jay about something." He announced before getting up.

"No you don't." Cindy answered, her voice once again monotonous.

Daniel shivered slightly at those words, though he didn't know why.
He walked away, through the curtain in front of him, and found himself in a white room, with lots of curtains hiding beds, to his left, and to his right.
It was a long room, somewhat like a corridor, and at the end of it was a window.
He walked toward it, again feelings his chest hurt, it wasn't really a feeling anymore, it was actual physical pain.

When he reached the window, he looked out of it hesitantly.
Before him there was a strange morning scene.
There was no sun rising, but there was strange artificial light, that had a blue hue to it, it was a strangely melancholic way to start a day. Like someone didn't want to let go of the night just yet.
Somehow Daniel felt as though outside of the base, there was the most beautiful dusk he could ever have seen. He didn't know, but he could only imagine.
Maybe this was to forget how dead and empty the city beneath him looked.
Like its heart had been violently carved out.
The blue light was sadly announcing a new era.
A new day were he was not going to talk to Jay, apparently.
And many days like that would come, they would never stop.

Author's comment:
So yeah, here's a new chapter. My god it's been a while.
Well my friends I have good news for you at least.
I'll be having a break soon, and then I will update a WHOLE lot more. For like two weeks, so yay!
Anyway, sry that there was no author's comment last time, I was really stressed and had no time.

Welp, I hope you got this chapter, and that you liked it even if it was sad.