Chapter Twenty

"There's no aphrodisiac like loneliness"

***

HARRYS P.O.V:

Well at least now I know if I have to dispose of a dead body, I'm quite capable of carrying one.

Getting Drew inside was miraculous feat, and I'm praying her neighbours didn't see me searching her pockets for her keys while she was slumped against her front door.

I apologized the whole time, even though she couldn't hear me. I felt guilty touching her like that without being able to ask her if it was okay but it was either that or break one of her windows and climb through it.

I finally got her front door open, and picked her up like the limp octopus she is and got her into her bedroom; thankfully without tripping and sending us both crashing to the ground.

I should probably start working out again, because I'm fucking exhausted after all that.

I'm wondering how she was even planning on getting home, did she even think about that?

I keep going around and around in my head what made her put herself in the state; wondering what happened or if someone upset her.

Does she do this a lot if she's upset?

I got her onto her bed, and nearly tripped over Gizmo I'm the process but he didn't even flinch - just wagged his stumpy tail and snorted at me.

Once I rolled her on her side, I walked out to the kitchen to grab some water and see if I could find some kind of aspirin.

I know what the kind of hang over feels like when you've completely obliterated yourself, I've had far too many.

It's why I barely drink any more.

I wonder if Drew does it for the same reasons I use to.

I manage to find some glasses in the cupboard, but panicked when the cupboard door came off the hinges.

It just fell off, I swear.

This whole house seems to be falling apart.

I'm not judging, there's no shame in it; everyone does the best they can and just because a place isn't a mansion doesn't mean it's less of a home.

I'll just have to explain what happened to Drew tomorrow when she's conscious, I'll fix it for her.

Would she be offended if I offered to do some things around the house for her? Repair some things?

I assume she would be, seeing as she's so stubborn about accepting help.

Maybe I can weasel my way into her letting me help her with that like I've done with everything else since I met her. I've had to get fucking creative with ideas just to get her to be around me.

Can't say I've ever started stripping in public just to try and get someone to dance with me, but she's got a habit of making me do things even I question myself over.

I still can't believe I spent three hours searching different stores for a god damn pig with wings.

Once I've grabbed the glass of water, I find my way to her small bathroom attached to her bedroom and look through a couple drawers, again feeling guilty and like I'm snooping but I'm just trying to find some kind of aspirin or ibuprofen, even some panadol.

However what I find when I open the third drawer makes my stomach hit the floor.

Its filled with various boxes of pain killers, strong ones. Dangerous ones.