Chapter Seventy

"Come stand a little bit closer

Breathe in and get a bit higher

You'll never know what hit youWhen I get to you"

Song: I want you - Savage Garden

(I'm Australian so I couldn't not include this aussie classic at some point, and yes this chapter absolutely involved me taking dance breaks.)

This is a double update, read chapter 69 if you haven't yet.

*****

"An arcade?"

"An arcade?"

I look over to Harry standing next to me in front of the entryway with the giant neon sign above us.

"Yeah, surprise - who doesn't love a date night with pizza and an arcade?" He grins, looking nervous for a brief second.

We just finished eating dinner at a pizza place near the shopping strip Harry brought me to, and I had no clue why we were here until I saw we stopped in front of the arcade.

"I haven't been inside one of these since I was a little kid," I tell him, feeling on edge from walking through all of the crowds at the shopping plaza.

"Well this one has a bar, it's meant for big kids like us that can legally drink," He grasps my hand, threading our fingers together as he starts to lead us inside after we show the security out the front our IDs and all I hear is the loud electronic sound effects from the various games, along with the random music playing inside.

I'm not sure how to react right away because all I can focus on is feeling overwhelmed by the crowds of people. There's so much noise, and everything feels over stimulating while my brain tries to take it all in.

There's lights flashing everywhere, and I see a bunch of people sitting at the bar and in booths near the front of the arcade, along with a bunch wandering around all of the games.

The main thing I notice though, is all of the blue neon lights and all of the neon black lights that are making all the different colours in here glow. Even Harry's white shirt is glowing under his jacket.

 Even Harry's white shirt is glowing under his jacket