Chapter Seventy One

"I think I'm paranoid

And complicated"

Song: I think I'm Paranoid - Garbage

(There is a short recap on chapter 69 if you need it. This is the same night as their arcade date.)

*****

"Go on Sunshine, get up and give us a spin."

Frankie has not shut up since we got to this bar and he saw what I was wearing.

He and Alex both made a big deal, with whistles and claps.

They've both pretty much only seen me exclusively dress like a grunge teenage boy since we met.

I know they're being supportive but being the centre of attention made me want to crawl inside of myself.

Harry was no help, he had his arm slung around my shoulder and looked proud of their carrying on.

"I will shove my foot up your ass and make you spin on it if you don't shut up," I threatened Frankie, as we all sat at the tall round bar table.

Everything reminds me of the first night Harry brought me here to play pool and darts, along with that strip tease he nearly gave me a stroke with.

Frankie takes a sip from his beer, bopping his head where he's sat on his stool across from me. In a far more chipper mood than usual tonight.

"Honestly that sounds more like a party than a threat" he throws back, making me roll my eyes.

"You know if he weren't with Alex and you weren't with me I'd say there's some sexual tension between you two" Harry teases, giving my thigh a squeeze from where he's sat next to me.

I automatically smack his thigh with a disgusted look and it makes him giggle.

"Yeah sometimes it's hard to tell if it's sexual tension or wanting to commit homicide between this pair," Alex adds, shooting Harry an amused grin over the fact I look like I want to strangle Frankie.

I pick up one of the peanuts from the bowl of mixed nuts on the table with us and throw it at Alex, but the brick house built smug asshole catches it in his mouth.

"Well if the idea of sex with Drew wasn't like the idea of having sex with my own sister I'm sure we'd be a great couple," Frankie nudges Alex with his elbow, "so you better keep on your toes, I may just replace you."

"Oh yeah sure, as if she could deal with you" Alex scoffs with a grin and gestures to Harry, "Your cousin is lucky he hasn't had his balls cut off by her yet, with his bullshit. You wouldn't last a day with her, you're way worse than he is."

Harry looks thoroughly entertained by the bickering between us all, and Alex's digs at Frankie.

"Hey," Frankie argued, smacking his beer down, "I am not worse than him. I'm the sane one in the family."

Alex gives Frankie a deadpanned look, "Sane? Is that why you needed anger management? Or why you got arrested for smashing a guy's rear window last year at a stop light after he flipped you off in traffic?"

"He didn't just flip me off," Frankie argues, huffing as he takes another sip of his beer, "he called me names and kept riding up my ass and beeping at me. I was going the fucking speed limit."

Alex's expression doesn't change and he replies,"what about when you smashed our kettle because you thought it was broken but it just wasn't plugged in?"