Chapter Twenty One.

"Seems to me girl you know I've done all I can
You see I begged, stole, and I borrowed (yeah)

Oh that's why I'm easy"

***

Christ my mouth is dry.

It feels like I've forgotten what water even tastes like.

Have you ever had your mouth feel so dry your tongue sticks to the roof of your mouth? I can barely swallow.

My head feels like my brain is throbbing with its own heart beat, if the heart beat was it smashing itself against my skull.

Nice going Drew, gold star for doing this to yourself.

The human mind is a wonderful but fucking irrational thing. Let's medicate my pain by putting myself in more pain later on.

Now I'm just miserable and my body feels like shit.

I start the task of trying to squint my eyes open, wondering if I roll on my back instead of staying on my side if gravity will help rip them open.

They feel lile they're made of cement.

I just want some water.

A fucking oceans worth of water and then I can drown myself so I don't need to deal with this fucking horrific hang over.

I manage to peel my eyelids apart a smudge, grimacing at the light that feels like it punches me in the face and I groan, trying to focus on the blurry figure next to me.

Even though my vision is still foggy, I start take out Harrys features until I can clearly see him sitting up in the bed next to me; facing me with his legs crossed and holding his hands up in front of himself in surrender.

"...Please don't scream"

His face is frozen with a cautious expression like I'm going to explode any second, he looks like hes absolutely shitting himself.

Has he just been sitting there watching me sleep?

I cough to clear the sleep from my voice and grumble "It's fine Harry, I remember you being here last night - relax, I'm not gonna freak out again"

I squeeze my eyes shut to stop their stinging from the bright light in the room, trying to sift through the hazy memories in my head. There aren't many of them.

It feels like rough sandpaper scraping through my mind trying to sort them out.

I don't remember leaving the bar, I don't even remember getting into my house. I don't know why Harry is here, but I just remember him next to me while I hurled my guts up into the toilet and helping me brush my teeth.