Chapter Sixty One.

"Don't you want somebody to love?

Don't you need somebody to love?
Wouldn't you love somebody to love?
You better find somebody to love"

Song: Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane 

***

Harry is completely frozen.

He hasn't moved a single muscle, and I'm wondering if he's malfunctioned or I've just found out I have in fact totally fucked up.

The second my lips touched his I felt it ripple and explode through my whole body, that same sensation that's always happened with him.

Silence consumes my brain while euphoric screaming floods every other nerve ending.

I break away from the kiss, pulling back enough so I can look at his face and the adrenaline pumping through my body is fighting the anxiety and insecurities that are threatening me.

Shit, should I have done that?

Did he not want me to kiss him?

Did I make a mistake?

I should have asked him first, but it was like my body was possessed and the next thing I know my lips are on his.

I should've asked first.

Oh god why didn't ask.

I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks, trying to slow my breathing down from the harsh rhythm it's in, while Harry keeps staring at me in silence with his lips parted and brows pinched together.

I swallow down the tight feeling in my throat; strangled by the tension between us that feels like holding a pin against a balloon bit by bit and watching the unsure seconds tick past waiting to see when it will pop.

I can't tell if it's good or bad, but I avert my eyes down because I feel too overwhelmed to keep my eyes on his.

He's staring at me like I've tazed him, not kissed him.

Cool. So this is great.

Maybe if I ask nicely enough he can run over me instead of taking me home.

"I'm so sorry, fuck I..I -" I start panicking with an apology, stuttering and falling over my words, "I shouldn't have done that. I should've asked if it was okay -- shit Harry, I'm so-"

"Shut up."

The two words that rush out in a breath from Harry has me darting my eyes back up, caught off guard by it and I open my mouth to reply but I don't get a chance.

I'm cut off by Harry's mouth, it felt like being struck by lightning on a loop. I had barely a fraction of a second to register his large hands shooting up to grasp my jaw and tug my face towards his until his lips were connecting with my own with a force that knocked the air clean out of my lungs.

Oh... Okay so maybe he did want me to kiss him.

It's all a blur from there, it happens so fast it makes my head spin. His hands are leaving my face and moving to my waist, practically ripping me over the console towards him as I clamber to keep up.

The kiss becomes messy and uncoordinated while I try to keep up, the second my mouth is detached from his while I struggle over to him, he's doing everything he can to get them to connect again as if he will quite literally drop dead if he doesn't.

He's acting as if the moment will evaporate if our mouths aren't touching.

I've said before that things with Harry go from zero to a hundred in a heartbeat, and this is a prime example of that.