Chapter Fifty One.

"I've got to let you know
You're one of my kind

I need you tonight
'Cause I'm not sleeping
There's something about you girl
That makes me sweat"

***

When I invited Harry in I expected him to walk to the front door.

Instead, the smirky dickhead turned into a spider monkey that tried to crawl through my window.

I shouldn’t say tried, he did succeed -- after he fell flat on his ass the first time and cracked his elbow on the windowsill during his second attempt.

I helped him struggle through the window, only for him to fall on top of me and my huffed out “fucking hell” and groan from his body landing on me was cut off with his mouth finding mine; punching my breath out of me for an entirely different reason  than crushing me with his body weight.

The kiss felt like it was grasping at lost time, it ended up with my hands in his hair and my legs wrapped around his hips when he managed to perch himself up onto his elbows to lift some weight off of me.

Everything about him was like being hugged by fire, comforting but everywhere felt like it was burning in an exhilarating way.

Imagine feeling unconscious for two weeks and then getting an adrenaline shot jabbed straight into your chest, now magnify that by a number it’s impossible to count to and that’s a fraction of how he felt.

A kiss from him could wake the dead.

I know that’s what it’s done with me.

I missed everything about him, his smell, the one that’s filling my senses and soothing every nerve ending I have like having a spot on your back scratched that you haven’t been able to reach for weeks. I missed how soft his hair was, and the smell of his shampoo that mixed in with his cologne. I missed that familiar denim texture of his jacket he lives in, because I can only associate it with him now.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder but I think distance has my heart growing to the point of collapsing in on itself.

I can’t even find it in me to be bothered with that crippling fear over how intense this feels, my senses won’t let me, all they’re recognising is him.

Harry tore his mouth from mine to gasp for air, barely sucking the oxygen into his mouth before    an inch of distance between us felt like agonizing miles and he was pressing several, slow savouring kisses to my lips while he caught his breath.

“M’sorry I fell on you -- and then just kinda pounced on you, wasn’t planning on doing that it just kinda…” his murmured apology trails off and his lips are capturing my lower one, stealing another kiss before he’s mumbling against my mouth while his own cracks into a smile,”You make me kinda crazy and clumsy, you know that?”

Do you know you do the same thing to me?

I’m out of breath, and frankly still recovering from a six foot spider monkey that’s a lot heavier than he looks colliding into me.

”You were as graceful climbing through that window as a new born baby deer trying to walk -- one that is filled with god damn lead when it lands on you,” I can’t help how large I’m smiling when I tease him, and we must look fucking ridiculous.

Harry pulls his face back to look at me with a slack jaw and exaggerated offence plastered on his expression.

“Did you just call me fat?”