Chapter 1

Nico's POV

I'm not usually good with introductions but I guess I could give it a try. Uhm...my name's Nico di Angelo and I have a humongous crush on the captain of the swim team. Awesome intro huh? No? Okay nevermind...

He's of course none other than Percy Jackson. The bad side of it? He's currently head over heels for the class's smartest student, Annabeth Chase. Of course. How could he not? She's pretty and bubbly unlike me. I'm always having that poker-face on and according to Jason, I give off a deadly vibe sometimes. It's funny to think that Percy and the rest are still best friends with me. I must have not been in the right state of mind three days ago because I actually agreed to help Percy in hooking him up with Annabeth.

3 Days Ago ~

I leaned against the wall near the lockers before class and plugged in my earphones when the captain of the swim team came towards me.

"Hey Neeks! We need to talk like right now." He said with a straight face which wasn't like him so I knew better than to joke around or anything. Suddenly, he placed his hand above my head, practically pinning me to the wall and leaned in. My first thoughts - OMG! YES! This is it! He actually likes me back! Things then came crashing down when he whispered in my ear, "I need to ask Annabeth out and I would need your help."

I was so shocked that my next line probably went a little something like this. "Y-yeah s-sure...OMG you're so hot."

"What did you say?" Percy asked in shock and took a step back. Shoot. That did NOT just happen. Good going, di Angelo.

"Literally. Yea. It was getting really hot. The weather these days, terrible isn't it?" I tried to ease the awkward atmosphere and looked somewhere else. Anywhere but on Percy Jackson. I had mixed feelings at that point. I'm happy that he actually chose to come to me for help but at the same time, it was heartbreaking to know that your crush did not like you back.

"Okay then...I'll get going. See ya later, Neeks." Percy said casually, shrugging off my earlier statement. When I turned, he had already left and I sighed in relief. That's when I caught Jason and Piper staring at me with a smirk on their faces. I inwardly cursed. Did I mention that they can be really irritating sometimes? Maybe not.

"Meet me after school at the park, Nico. Let's have a...uhm...talk." Piper said before waving and walking off with Jason.

HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPTER!!! I felt like it took me FOREVER to write. Well, it gets better as the story progresses...I guess.

~ Jan