Chapter 3

Nico's POV

After School ~

I messed up. Real bad. I feel like an idiot...like seriously?! Who would do something like that? Maybe I should just get it out of my mind and meet Piper now. Wouldn't want to keep her waiting knowing how dramatic she can be. I walked to the park. Piper was already there but Jason was nowhere to be seen. Wow...it's officially PEP TALK WITH PIPER! This should be like some TV programme. It was absurd thinking of Piper sitting down on a couch having conversations with random people though.

"Over here, Neeks!" She waved and gestured for me to sit down. 

"It's Nico for you, McLean. NICO." I emphasised, while putting my bag down and sitting on the bench next to her.

"No fair. Then how come Percy gets to call you Neeks, huh?" She asked, stifling a laugh. My expression hardened as I tried to think of a reason to give her but there was no need. Judging by the look on my face, she decided not to press further and continued talking.

"Anyway, I called you here because I feel like you need...uhh...help. To put it nicely." Piper said. I looked at her quizically. Psht...me? Problems? No, of course not!...Oh alright, who am I kidding? I'm pretty much messed up at this point.

"Fine, McLean, but you must promise me never to tell anyone about our conversation today." I warned her. She nodded in response, the smile never leaving her face.

"I promise! So now, spit it all out. Tell me all your worries and shall they be gone!" Piper said in a joking tone though I really wished that my worries would wash away. I started telling her about my crush on Percy and moving on to how I stupidly agreed to helping him win Annabeth. To be honest, Annabeth was not a very bad person. In fact, she always looks out for me but I guess I've always been cold to her ever since I knew about Percy liking her.

I can confuse myself sometimes.

"So yea, that's all that has been bothering me lately. Nothing else." I reassured Piper. Throughout the whole time I was talking, she nodded a couple of times and gestured for me to go on. That's one of the good things about her. At least I feel like some weight has been lifted off my shoulders, even though not fully, considering the hooking Percabeth up part.

"Woah...I don't want to be rude but...you really messed up!" Piper exclaimed.

"I know!" I burried my head in my hands. "I don't even know how to organise a romantic dinner. What more helping Percy to win Annabeth!"

Piper patted my back. "Don't worry, little bro. Percy may be a kelphead sometimes but he's not stupid. At least not a hundred percent. I can't really do anything about this, but on the bright side, we also can't be too sure whether Annabeth likes him back right?"

My sad expression lightened up a bit at that sentence. What if she was right? No...bad Nico...if she doesn't like him back, he'll be dejected! But in contrast, you wouldn't stand a chance if they start dating right?! Ugh! My mind's going to explode!

"Hey, you okay? You seem real deep in thought." Piper asked worriedly and I shook my head.

"Well, I should get going. See you tomorrow! Thanks!" I waved and slung my bag onto my shoulder before walking off, Piper's words still replaying in my mind.

Maybe Annabeth might not like him the way he does towards her.

This chapter is dedicated to my BFF @cookiemonsterthe1st ~ You wanted an update so here it isss!!! I hope you like it! The next chapter would be in Percy's POV so stay tuned! <3

~ Jan