Chapter 9

Nico's POV

I could not believe that Percy would try to hook me up with Reyna. I hate him so much for doing so. I also hate myself for not keeping calm and composed. I'm pretty sure that Reyna felt hurt too, regardless of whether she does like me or not. 

I could not concentrate during the lesson. It was my favourite class but I just could not process the teacher's words. My mind was only filled with the captain of the swim team. I know that it might not be the right time, but I feel like I should tell Percy that I'm gay, for a couple of reasons.

1) He's my best friend.

2) He'll stop trying to hook me up with a girl.

3) A weight would be lifted off my shoulders. (maybe)

Then again, what if he hates me for it? I know of many people who cannot accept people who are gays or lesbians and I happen to fall into that category. If Percy cannot accept it, I don't know what I will do.

During break, I looked for Percy everywhere but could not find him. Realisation hit me and I facepalmed. If anything, he would be at the swimming pool. I sighed and made a run for the school's indoor swimming complex. True enough, he was there practicing. Luckily, nobody was there which means I get to talk to him privately.

"Hey Perce?" I called out as he made his way out of the pool. He flinched and looked up at me with a pained expression.

"Yea?" He answered, trying to show a happy expression but I could tell that no matter how hard he tried, he still appeared unhappy, and it's all my fault. "I'm almost done. Give me 5 minutes." He gave me a small smile and went into the changing room.

A couple of minutes later, he walked out drying his hair with a towel. We proceeded out of the complex and I decided to break the silence. 

"Look, Percy, I'm so sorry about just now. I just- It was so sudden and I wasn't so sure how to react. I really-"

"It's fine, Nico. Piper told me everything. I should have known better." He replied and my eyes widened at his words. Piper told him? Everything?

"S-she did?" I stuttered. He nodded and told me how Piper said that I was not into Reyna. I heaved a sigh of relief. 

"But its okay! I promise to find you someone! So who do you like? Wait, don't tell me. Do you go for the dark hair? Blue eyes? Must she be-" Percy rambled on but got cut off by me.

"No!" I yelled. Percy stared at me, shocked. "I cannot date girls, Percy. I'm gay, alright! I know what you're thinking. I'm a fag and whatnot, but I don't care anymore! It's who I am! Oh and by the way, I'm sorry but I don't think I'm in the right position to help you get Annabeth." I never was. I thought sadly to myself.

Tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to fall. The boy in front of me was still in a state of shock. I took the chance to dash off, not caring where. Only somewhere away from him. He did not even call after me so I guess that's a good sign.

Great. Now my best friend probably hates me and he will confess to Annabeth. If she says yes, there goes my chance. Not that I had one since the start.

Could things get any worse?

Here's Chapter 9! Yayyyyy!!! Since it's Chapter 10 next, It's gonna be more special, so anticipate it maybe? Just a little hint/not-really-a-spoiler: (Annabeth's Decision) Not really much of a hint but yea...XD 

~ Jan