Chapter 16

Percy's POV

Things are currently going great! I have also gotten used to not being awkward around Annabeth. I guess this is all fate. I was just meant for Nico all along. 

Today while I was waiting for Nico after school, Annabeth walked up to me. In the past, I would have started hyperventilating but it's all different now.

"Hey Percy!" She exclaimed and gave a small wave.

"Sup Annabeth!" I smiled.

After a short greeting, the both of us chatted for a bit before Luke arrived and the both of them went off together.

I frowned. Where is Nico? I have been waiting for probably about half an hour now and he is nowhere to be seen. I decided to give him a call and as it rang, I see Nico running up to me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Perce!" He said. His face was flushed from all the running and I must be weird because I thought he was really cute.

"Don't worry, Neeks, Anna- Uhm..I chatted with people just now." I said and Nico raised an eyebrow at me. "Fine, It was Annabeth but we were only talking! You know that I only have eyes for you." I admitted.

Nico blushed a light pink and gave me a nod. "Anyway, uhm...I gotta head over to Jason's today. We are discussing...uhh...project stuff."

"Project stuff? But you're not even in the same class!" I said, confused. Jason was a year older than Nico.

"Oh...yea, he just needed my help. Kay bye!" Nico exclaimed and dashed off before I even had the time to respond.

What is going on between those two? I had to admit, I was curious, but at the same time, I trusted Nico and believed that he would never cheat on me. Besides, Jason also has Piper. I headed home not long after for lunch.

As usual, mum's food was delicious! I would have invited Nico over but...nevermind.

"So sweetie, are you excited for your birthday? It's next week!" Mum stated as I placed the dirty dishes into the sink.

I nodded excitedly. Mum always has a party planned for me every year and I more or less know what to expect. A blue birthday cake with some cupcakes, blue soda, blue balloons, blue ice cream- you get the point.

"So...can I get a little hint on what I'm getting for my present?" I asked, nudging my mother's arm slightly with my elbow, only to earn an eye roll from her.

"Percy, I'm not planning a party for you this year." She sighed and proceeded to wipe the clean dishes dry. 

My expression darkened. "N-no p-party? B-but why? You hold one for me every year!"

"Well you're getting older. I can't possibly throw a party for you for the rest of your life." She explained. "It's also going to be your exams next month and you should study instead." 

I nodded bitterly and headed upstairs to my bedroom. My expression lightened just a bit as my phone rang and the caller was none other than my wonderful boyfriend, Nico di Angelo. He's such a cute little boy! Don't tell him that.

P: Hey Neeks! Whats up!

N: Uhm...the project thing was okay. 

P: Oh...

N: Why? Is there anything wrong? You sound almost...disappointed.

P: Kinda. My mum told me that she's no longer throwing me a b-day party.

N: Ah...that's why. Sorry about that, Perce! Kay, I gotta go, bye! Love you!

P: Love you too, bye!

Well that's weird. Nico sounded in such a hurry to end the phone call. Is he trying to avoid me?

Hey you awesome people! Chapter 16 is here! OMG you guys's comments are just the best ever! I love ya'll! 

P.S. Thanks for ALL THE AWESOME VOTES AND READS TOO!!! <3 We are almost at a 100 votes and 1000 reads! ❤

~ Jan