Chapter 10

Percy's POV

Nico talked to me yesterday and he also told me that he was not straight. I was too surprised to even call for him after he began to run away. He probably has the wrong idea, thinking that I would not accept it when in actual fact, I have no problem with it at all. Why couldn't he have told me earlier? Poor Nico...he must have been keeping all these feelings to himself.

I guess I'll go talk to him after he has cooled down. For now, I have to calm my heart. Annabeth was walking towards me with that breath-taking smile that I fell in love with. I might have acted a little weird but whatever.

Annabeth slung an arm around my neck. "Wassup Percy! So how's life?" She said.

"It's messed up so far but I can deal with it." I shrugged. She simply nodded in response. This is it. This is my chance to tell her my feelings! I thought to myself.

"Uhm...are you okay? What are you thinking about?" She asked worriedly. I shook my head and grabbed both of her hands, looking into her stormy grey eyes. She tried to pull away while glancing around. "What are you doing, Percy? There are other students here!" She whispered.

"Annabeth, I know that we are best friends, but I have to tell you something important. I think I like you...wait, no. Let me rephrase that. I really really like you. Will you...go out with me?" The words came out of my mouth before I could stop myself. Annabeth was taken aback and she pulled her hands back.

I started to get really nervous.

My heart broke into a million pieces as she said the words, "I'm so sorry, Percy. I don't like you in that way. I-I'm in love with someone else." 

Gasps could be heard from the students.

I nodded before turning my back and walking away with tears in my eyes. I didn't care if I had just humiliated myself in front of so many people. The girl of my dreams, Annabeth Chase, didn't like me the way I did towards her and worst still, she's in love with someone else.

On the way, I bumped into someone. I looked up weakly only to look into a pair of dark eyes. Nico. Without a care, I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his shirt. Nico stiffened from my sudden touch but soon returned the hug.

I did not even feel like staying in school anymore. Nico must have read my thoughts perfectly, because we made our way to my house and was greeted by my mum's shocked expression that turned into a worried one.

We plopped down onto my bed and I told Nico what happened when I had confessed earlier, choking on sobs once in a while. He looked at me painfully, as if he had experienced rejection before.

"I feel so hurt and broken right here." I pointed to my heart. "It hurts so much, Nico."

This time, Nico was the one who pulled me into a hug. It was warm and comforting. His voice cracked as he said his next line. "I know how you feel, Percy. To not have the person you have a crush on like you back."

I pulled away, my eyes red from all the crying. "Y-you do?"

He nodded and looked away. If my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, I could have sworn that he was blushing but I can never be too sure. 

"So who's the lucky gir- I mean guy? Maybe describe him a little?" I asked curiously.

Hesitantly, he began describing his crush. Wait...dark hair, green-blue eyes, muddle-headed at times. It could have sounded like me though I would not have felt too flattered about the 'muddle-headed' part. Then again, I have to remind myself that he's not talking about me.

"Uhm...Percy? You still there?" Nico waved his hand in front of my face and I snapped back to reality.

"Y-yea?" I answered and he sighed.

"Well, I'm leaving. Just know that I'll always be here for you, Percy. Simply give me a call." He beamed and stood up to leave but I immediately grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave, Neeks! Let's watch a movie together! I don't want to be alone here!" I whined like a kid and he rolled his eyes before sitting back down on my bed.

I got up and scanned through my collection of movies. I picked up my all-time favourite before turning to Nico with a smirk. He raised an eyebrow at me as if I had just done something stupid. 

"Let's watch Finding Nemo."

I just had to end it with Finding Nemo. LOL! This chapter is like...the longest among my other chapters so far. I LOVE caring Nico and sad Percy. (in this chapter) I would have added more cute and cuddly scenes but the sentence 'well that escalated quickly' keeps coming back to me. XD

~ Jan