4.𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝

The sun's rays passed thinly through the slit of the curtains and shone the woman's bare leg. Fanny moved and now realized that nobody was sleeping next to her.

Roger had gone to London. His work sometimes required his absence from home and this made the Frenchwoman feel lonely. Sometimes she called Adam to make her company, sometimes she went to friends to play cards.

The woman stayed a couple of minutes in bed. Sometimes she wondered if she would not take a pet that would take her out of this loneliness, but she would give up at last.

As she got out of bed, she stripped her nightgown and walked naked toward the bathroom. She likes her body, likes the sex appeal she radiates, but she does not like the way she was once treated.
                                 ♧
"This is for you. From Emma. "Adam handed a small leaflet to his boss. Fanny took it from the boy and opened it. Inside was a invitation card for a picnic tomorrow.
"How cute. Can I come? "Adam asked as he peered over her shoulder.

"You want to get out of work?" -She asked his subordinate and struck him on the nose with the invitation. Adam laughed sweetly and rubbed his nose.
"No, madam. But it will be fun to see this beauty again. I heard some spicy rumours about her. "Adam smirked and raised his eyebrows.

Fanny laughed at this gesture, hiding her mouth. Adam loved to make  his boss laugh and that made his heart flutter of happiness. Fanny was doing great with the boy. He was truly devoted to his work, which made his duties easier.

Fanny, in turn, was sure she could leave the shop to the boy. Sometimes when they both closed, they went to a restaurant or Fanny's home and drank there. Adam had spent so many times of his nights there, that he was feeling almost at home.

-"Adam. Do you want to come to my place tonight? Dinner. Only the two of us. "Fanny looked at the boy holding the invitation.
His eyes shone, but he kept his smile.
"Of course."

                              ✘
Adam had brought macaroni. His boss's favorite dessert. He had found this habit when they both went to dinner after work. Fanny invited him to come in.
"Bon nuit, Adam.
"Good evening. I brought a dessert in case you want to eat something sweet."
"Very sweet of you."

Adam sat at the door as a good-looking puppy. How many times he had come into this house yet kept his manners. The woman invited him in. He followed her.

They spent the night eating and drinking. Fanny had laid her head on the boy's chest. The two sat on the couch watching "An affair to remember".

Deborah Kerr's play always moved Fanny. Her soft English voice accented the Frenchwoman. Adam began to be interested in old movies as soon as he find that his boss loved them.

"Adam," Fanny purred, raising her head to the boy. " Will you stay tonight with me?"
"Of course," Adam whispered, hugging the woman even tightly.