24.𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍

It was warm. Very warm. June 29th. Adam was in a swimsuit and was reading the packaging on an old record. He had put Brahms. Fanny's favorite composer. But she didn't hear the music. She was engrossed in thoughts. She was lying in his bed, crouched.

The bed shook and Fanny felt Adam's head in the curve of her waist. He kept his eyes on the woman. Adam felt Fanny's deep sadness and tried to cheer her up, but unsuccessful. He got up and kissed her neck. It was warm and his breath on it made it hotter. Fanny groaned and turned to him.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and began to kiss her more gently than ever. He wanted to love her, to save her from the grief that had come upon her a few days ago. He took off his swimsuit and Fanny's blouse.
It didn't take long for them and they ended up in the shower.

While Fanny was dressing, Adam kept kissing her.
-Je t'aime comme le soleil aime la lune. Adam whispered and kissed Fanny passionately.
-I have to go, m'a petit chaton.
-Un dernier baiser, mon amour.
Fanny kissed him one last time and left. She wanted to see Emma. Her little Emma. But the girlfriend was not home at the moment and the brunette was heading home.

                                 ◆ ◇
Roger sat on the couch, smoking and reading the newspaper. It was dark outside, but the lights of the city were so strong that it could be called a day. Fanny, however, was sitting at the dining room table, smoking, thinking.

Suddenly the phone rang. Roger got out of his seat and answered. His hoarse, deep voice uttered the name of Emma and Fanny sharpened her ears. The woman got out of her seat and went to him. She grabbed his elbow and listened to the conversation.

“Yes, she's here. Do you want to hear Emma?” Roger handed the phone to his wife, kissed her neck, and sat down again.
"Hello Emma .... What news? How come, you can't just .... Of course I'll come with you. Thank you, Em."

"What did she say?"
"She wants to go with me for a few days outside Paris. She wants me to help her with some things."
"Okay, but you won't be too long, will you?"
"I'll come to you as soon as possible. We will leave on July 1st. Do you want something?"
"A little whiskey with ice."

Fanny went to the shelf with alcohol and poured her husband from the amber liquid. She took the glass and brought it to Roger. But before leaving, the man grabbed her wrist. Fanny was startled because he might have hit her, but no. To her surprise, he kissed her. That kiss was the gentlest she had ever received from him for quite some time.
"I'll wait for you in bed," Fanny said, kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair.