𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

kailani at the top. (kuh-la-nee)

| kailani |

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my curtains and my alarm going off. I stretched and got out the bed. As I walked to the bathroom to do my hygiene routine I heard my roomate Sevyn talking on the phone.

Sevyn and I are the complete opposite and when I say opposite I mean opposite. She likes to party and goes out almost every other night. Me on the other hand I'm the chill type, I don't really get out there like that.

Our freshmen year she told me she wanted to be a nurse but ended up taking Psychology with me as a Minor but she still doesn't know what to do for her Major yet.

This my last year of college and I really wanted to drop out but shit I'm almost done. I major in psychology and minor in business because I want to have a black owned business because there aren't really that many.

"LANI!" Sevyn yelled my name interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm Up!" I semi-yelled back. Class starts at 9:00 for me because I decided to take early classes and have the rest of the day to myself to sleep because like I said a bitch be tired.

I grabbed my bag and placed my charger inside, grabbed my phone and plugged in my headphones. I searched for H.E.R - Losing and pressed play. I grabbed my keys and my wallet and said goodbye to Sevyn and walked out.

As I was walking towards the campus I texted Tyler and told him to meet me at the McDonalds by campus. I walked into McDonalds and Tyler already had my caramel frappe ready for me.

"Awwww, you got my drink!" I said.

"Of course, what are best friends for?" He said and does a hair flip with his non existent hair.

"How do you feel about your first day back?" I asked and took a sip of my frappe.

"Honestly, I don't know. I really just wanna design clothes, start my business, get that money and, not go to college." He states.

"Same here. A business is my back up plan, I guess. If things don't go right with psychology then I could do business but I feel like I could honestly do both." I said.

"I think you can too. You smart as fuck girl. I think you'll come up with something involving both your major or minor." He said.

"Thank you bestie." I said with a smile.

.•*•.

"Ty Ty, you ready to go?" I asked while grabbing my things.

"Yeah, What is your first class?" He asked as we walked out.

"Literature, you?" I asked.

"Oop sis, sucks to be you I got Drama!" He said excitedly.

"Yeah, of course you do. Drama Queen." I said.

He used both of his hands to make a W.

"Whatever." He says mimicking Amber off of Clueless.

"Bro, you so lameeee." I said while laughing.

"I know I am but what are you?" He said.

"Booooy, if you don't getcho big ugly ass on." I said while laughing and holding my stomach.

"That is so first grade." I said.

"Yeah, Yeah whateva'. I gotta go to class, love ya!" Ty said while hugging me goodbye.

"Love ya!" I said back. I put my headphones back on and searched for Alive - Khalid and pressed play. His new album straight heat.

The walk to class was short but I finished the song. As I walked in I see the professor and a few of the other students. I found a seat where I'm by myself and looked around. I wonder if this is all of the class.

The bell rings and a bunch of students start coming through. It sounds like a stampede. I feel some slide into the seat next to me but I don't turn to look at them until the deep masculine voice says something that makes me roll my eyes.

"Wassup ma." The stranger said.

I ignore the voice because it is probably the best option and I don't feel like rejecting this boy, hurting his ego, and then he says something disrespectful. You know how it goes.

"So you just gon' ignore me? I'm talkin' to you." He said.

"I hear you talking to me and yes i'm going to ignore you because I don't want you or anything you tryna' offer." I said with an annoyed tone.

"Well damn shawty, I was just tryna' get ya' number." He said.

"I just said I don't want anything you have to offer, be gone." I said irritated because he couldn't take the hint the first time. I guess he finally took the hint and left but not before calling me a 'bitch' under his breath. I just rolled my eyes and continued to listen to the lesson.

~

Class finally ended and the entire time the boy from earlier and his friends were saying lil' slick stuff. It is what it is. He can't really be pressed because I don't want him.

As I was walking to my next class I texted Tyler letting him know about what went down in class.

To Tyler:
this boy tried to talk to me in class today but i shut him down :)
From Tyler:
what you put a smiley face for? that aint good lmfao, u need some dick sis.
To Tyler:
haha very funny asswipe.

These dudes play too many games and maybe I would've given him the chance if he wasn't such a dick afterwards. I shook the thoughts out of my head proceeded to my business class.

What y'all think about this book?
ZY x I CHANGED KAILANI LOOK above

longest chapter i've ever written. and its only 1055 words, i'll get better with the long chapters.