𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

| kailani |

I was so proud of my baby. He was finally finding out what he wanted to be and what his career choice was and that had always been a struggle for him every since he got into college.

flashback

"Why you go to college?" I asked him.

"Shit, the crowd seemed fun and I honestly just wanted to play ball but the longer I've been here I've realized that ball just wasn't for me no more. It's like I was going to practice, enthusiastic about it everyday but then I started to drift from that. When I started drifting from ball, I became frustrated because I felt like I felt like I failed because I ain't come to college to be something great like I promised my mom." He vented and I listened.

"You know what you want to do now?" I asked him.

"I still don't know but at this point I'm like fuck it whatever happens happens, I could still make it with a regular 9 to 5." He replied making me frown.

"Listen, a 9 to 5 ain't for us. They expect our black men and women to work these low paying jobs that barely give them any money, making them have to depend on the state for money for food and other necessities because they want to control us and it's we ain't finna keep letting that shit fly. What we doing now? We opening businesses, we becoming lawyers, teachers, etcetera. You can do whatever you wanna do, don't just give up and settle for the bare minimum, you're greater than that." I told him.

We continued to talk about things in life and going deep into detail about everything.

flashback over.

We spent almost every night on that roof just talking about anything and everything. I was like his therapist and he was mines.

I always knew Chance could draw and I also knew he was doing that graffiti shit illegally. I always told him his art could get him somewhere. You know you gotta manifest.

Seeing his art be sold and him opening up this recreation center was amazing to me. I love seeing black men and women do great things, especially my loved ones.

I decided that I was going to throw a kickback for him. He deserved it. He had been working hard these past few weeks trying to get everything together. I was gon' call up Sevyn and Tyler so we could get some stuff together.

"Hola whores." I said as they joined the group facetime.

"Hello skank." Tyler said.

"Wassup trick." Sevyn answered sounding just like a nigga.

"Bitch you act like you hang around gangstas." I laughed.

"I swear she do." Tyler agreed.

"Fuck y'all, what you call us for?" Sevyn said.

"Damn, I can't just call my besties?" I said sounding fake hurt.

"No." They both answered.

"Suck my dick, anyways sluts, I wanna plan something for Chance. He been working hard on his rec center and I'm proud of him for finding his career path." I said.