𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

| kailani |

weeks later.

After the encounter with Brea, nothing changed. Chance and Kailani both knew that Brea was not worth their attention so they went on with their lives.

Kailani birthday was coming up, it was on the 25th of June and they wanted to celebrate it the following weekend.

Sevyn decided to rent out a space in the club to let them have fun but Kailani didn't know that.

day of kailani's birthday.

I woke up with a bunch of kisses from Sevyn and then she put some icing on my face from the cupcakes she bought me.

"Happy birthday babeee." Sevyn screamed as she bounced on my bed.

"Thank you." I said giggling.

"Okay let me show you my gifts I got you." Sevyn said.

I followed Sevyn into the living room to see gifts scattered on the floor. I started with a small bag that had lip gloss and lashes in it and continued to open other bags. At the end I had some new clothes, a YSL purse and heels and some money.

"That money is for your hair and nail appointment saturday." Sevyn said.

"Awww thank you bestie!" I said running over to Sevyn and tackling her in a hug.

"You welcome, now get ya big ass up off me." Sevyn said making me laugh.

I walked into the kitchen to see breakfast scattered all over, the breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, chocolate chip waffles, and cinnamon rolls.

"Bitch I know you ain't cook this so who did?" I asked while picking up a cinnamon roll and taking a bite.

"You know me so well, all this shit from waffle house and I threw them cinnamon rolls in the oven." She said grabbing a cinnamon roll as well. I laughed and went to make a plate.

They continued to have small talk through out the breakfast.

After the breakfast I went and took a shower and got dressed. Since it was my birthday so I decided to dress a lil fancy since Chance said he was taking me out. I got dressed in a longsleeve newspaper blouse which I tied up, making it a crop top and black ripped jeans. I paired it with nude heels, a pink purse and silver jewelry.

I did my hair and sprayed myself with some perfume and then walked out

I did my hair and sprayed myself with some perfume and then walked out. When I got to the living room to see balloons all on the couch and by the ceiling and more gifts on the counter.

 When I got to the living room to see balloons all on the couch and by the ceiling and more gifts on the counter

"Aww, who did all this?" I asked placing my purse down, noticing the one bag on the couch. I then felt arms wrap around me and a kiss on my neck.

"Happy birthday baby." Chance said continuing to kiss on my neck making me moan slightly.

"Thank you baby. I appreciate all of this." I said.

"Go open ya' gifts." He said with a pat on my butt.

I walked over to the couch, sitting down and then grabbing the bag. It was a Pandora bag. I opened it up to see it was a ring, looking at it was making my eyes water. She was starting to fall in love with him, slowly but surely.

"It's a promise ring." Chance said walking up to me and sitting next to her.

"I want to promise you that I will do right by you forever. I promise to be the best version of me. I want you to trust me with everything and know that I will be there with you through anything. You make me strong, you make me happy, you make me a better me and I am forever grateful for that. So will you accept my promise?" He asked.

"Yes, of course my love." I said watching him slide the ring on. I looked at my hand and watched it glisten in the light. Chance grabbed my chin and pulled me in for a kiss filled with emotion and love. It started getting heated so I pulled away with a smile.

"You can wait till tonight baby boy." I said fixing my clothes. Chance still sat there in some sort of trance.

"Kailani?" He asked.

"Yes sweetheart?" I replied.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said and gave him a peck on his lips which gave me a big smile from him. He attacked me with a hug repeating 'I love you' over and over again, making me laugh uncontrollably.

"Okay, okay. Get off me, you messing up my hair." I said still laughing.

"I'm sorry bae. Go fix your hair and then we can leave." He said. I got up and he instantly smacked my butt.

"Ow, you asshole." I said rubbing my butt and going to the guest bathroom aka Sevyn bathroom. I fixed my hair and fixed my clothes and walked out.

Chance had his keys and was on his phone, he took a couple flicks of me because I asked him and we were on our way.

made this short cause the next chapter is finna be a messssssss 😹