𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

chance at the top.

| chance |

Damn.

A School Day.

My classes aren't until later but I'm hungry so I decided to text Vonte to see if he's up. I heared my phone ding and grabbed it off the night stand. I read the message and slid into some grey sweatpants, a black shirt, and my all black Nike Air Max. I grabbed a hoodie and walk towards Vonte's room.

"Hey, bro." I said while barging into his room and plopping on his bed and scrolling through my phone.

"I'm in the bathroom and stop barging in here I could've been fucking some bitch." He said making me laugh.

"So, you got time to text me and fuck a girl at the same time?" I asked chuckling.

"I can multitask." He said and walks out from the bathroom fully clothed.

"Who car we taking? He asks.

"Yours." We say in unison.

"Mannn, fine rock, paper,scissors." I say while getting my hands up. I picked rock and he picked scissors. Ole' stupid ass nigga. Always pick rock first. He grabbed his keys and we walked to his car in the student parking garage.

"Where we bout' to eat at?" He asked as his seat belt clicks and he started the car.

"Chick-Fil-A." I said.

"I bet that's all yo ass eat." He said while shaking his head chuckling.

"Shitttt, at least they meat taste real. Who knows what's inside McDonalds meat." I replied.

"You ain't neva' lied brotha'." He said while chuckling.

"But aye bro, this our last year how you feel?" He asked me.

"I feel good knowing we almost done
Shit was stressing me out." I said.

"What you gonna do about your art?" He questions. I turn to look at him. Him and my mother are the only other people who knew I draw and lil graffiti here and there but not too much. I know I'm good but I just don't think it's something I can focus my whole life on.

"I don't know, it might be a side hustle just in case something come up with my other career." I said looking out the window. We stop at a red light and he speaks again.

"Understandable but, don't ignore your talent. You good at yo lil' drawing shit bro and painting no cap. It's all up to you though. Your life." He said as we pulled up to Chick-Fil-A.

I stayed quiet just thinking about what he said. My mom said the same thing but I wanna focus on my major which is Business Administration.

"You want your usual?" He asked. I look up noticing we were in the drive thru.

"Yeah." I said as I grabbed my phone and scrolled through instagram.

"Yeah, that'll be all. Thank you." Vonte said.

We got our food and ate in the parking lot while blasting music and just talking. I sometimes zoned out thinking about our talk earlier. I don't think I should really invest into my art profession because art can't pay the bills. It shol' can't be no back up plan if some go wrong.

"Bro, on the real my drawing shit ain't gon' pay the bills. It's mainly a lil' hobby that I do here and there. I can't depend on that to hold me down when my major fails." I said.

"Yeah bro, I understand where you coming from." Vonte said.

~

Since the talk with Vonte i've been tryna' figure out a plan b. I haven't came up with anything and it's really getting on my nerves. I wasn't finna stress myself so I decided to go to my lil' spot for painting graffiti.

I grabbed my black hoodie and threw it on. I went in my closet and grabbed my duffle bag filled with spray paint. I grabbed my keys and let Vonte know that I'm leaving and left.

In the car I listened to Bryson Tiller and I thought about what I wanted to paint. I wanted to paint something that has something with how the world is right now.

When I finally arrived to my destination which was an abandon train station I got out my car, grabbed my things and, went inside.

After minutes of thinking I knew what I wanted to paint. I rummaged through my duffle bag and grabbed the brown spray paint can and started my piece.

2 hours later.

After two hours I finished the painting.

I decided to paint something that had to do with black lives matter because black men getting killed by police is happening way too much now

I decided to paint something that had to do with black lives matter because black men getting killed by police is happening way too much now. After Mike Brown was killed it got worse and literally nothing is changing and to make matters worse we turning on our own people and killing each other.

There is a lot going on in this world that needs to be changed starting with our president but that's a talk for later.

I grabbed my paints and threw them in my duffle bag and zipped it up. I grabbed my keys and went to my car and drove off.

I turned on some 6lack and just drove while letting my thoughts run wild. I didn't feel like going back to my dorm at the moment so I decided to go to my thinking spot on the roof of the library.

so this chapter a lil short. this kinda a filler and introduction but they meet in the next chapter so it'll be longer. this book isn't all over the place like my last book. this book is planned so yee haw.
ion really like the part where he painting or whateva , it just don't feel like me but i'm lazy so 🤷🏽‍♀️.
ZY x