𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

| chance |

I was on the way back home from getting me and Lani something to eat when I heard sirens. I stopped my car like you usually do and waited for them to pass. The ambulance passed and I kept going.

I got to my dorm and got out the car and made my way up to the apartment. I came in to see Lani on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy, That show was long as shit but it was good from what I had seen from watching it with her.

"What you get?" She asked getting up from the couch.

"Your favorite." I said and went to go wash my hands.

"Ouu, hot wings, yessuh." She said and came over to the kitchen to wash her hands too. I walked back over to the counter and started taking the food out the bags. I got lemon pepper wings cause them hoes hit. I handed Kailani her wings and some ranch, she thanked me and went back to the living room. I followed her.

"How you watch this while eating it's hella blood on this show." I asked.

"It ain't that bad or maybe I'm used to it." She replied.

We ate and watched her lil' show til we were sleepy and went into my room to sleep.

next morning.

I woke up to loud banging on the front door. I went out to go see who it was thinking it was Vonte and he got locked out again.

"Who is it?" I asked just to be sure.

"Atlanta Police Department." The man said.

I opened the door. I was scared as fuck but I ain't let it show. When shit like this happens they usually pull a gun out and kill a black person. I was gon' be respectful though, wasn't gon' give these muhfuckas a reason to kill me.

"How may I help you?" I asked them.

"Are you Chance Howard?" The man asked.

"Yes, what's going on?" I asked now scared. Ion' think I did anything major so I don't know what this is about.

"You are under arrest for charges of graffiti." The officer stated.

Fuck. I forgot I can get in trouble for that shit.

"I'm not gon' handcuff you or anything cause this ain't that big of a deal. You can go put some clothes on. If you take longer than 5 minutes, I will come in here and handcuff you, understand?" He said.

"Yes sir." I replied. I jogged to the back and threw clothes on. In the midst of that I woke Kailani.

"Bae where you going?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"Listen, I then got caught up, that graffiti shit I be doing is a crime and I forgot that shit. A police officer is here saying I'm under arrest for it. I think I gotta pay a fine that cost like a band. I should be released by tonight." I said. I probably had like 2 minutes left.

"Okay, is there anything you need me to do?" She asked.

"Yea, I have a savings account thats got like $12,000 in there. Call them and tell them you need to withdraw $1,000. Just give them your name they'll know who you are after I call them." I said and gave her a kiss.