Chapter 6 : Vampires Are Real

Chapter 6

...

Forina Bogdan

...

"Care for a bite?" I asked him and leaned forward.

"What? No." he stuttered and leaned away as fast as humanly possible.

"Relax, I meant for mundane kinds of food. I am particularly fond of strawberries." I grinned and then walked back over to the sofa and crossed my legs. I leaned back as a few people entered the room with trays. They uncovered it to reveal fruit, pastries and so forth.

"You can't leave so you might as well eat and ask your questions." I told him and took a bite into the sweet, juicy strawberry. He looked at the door which was now closed again.

He looked back at me and sighed and walked over.

"What are you?" he asked finally.

"As if the name of the website didn't already give it up. I'm a vampir or a vampire as you would know it." I chuckled and let my fangs through to give him a nice smile.

"Are you going to kill me?" He asked.

"Why does everyone think that we're going to kill them?" I asked with a huff. He shrugged.

"No, I'm not going to kill you, if we killed every person that we cam into contact with then we wouldn't have any bloody food." I rolled my eyes.

Did all humans think were from Dracula?

"Back in my day strawberries were for the rich. I could never afford them of course, oh but how things have changed." I mused as I savoured the taste.

"When was your day?" he asked me cautiously.

"The 1500s. I hated that time." I sighed and turned to see him give me a strange look.

"Why did you hate that time?" he asked me, his voice overflowing with curiosity.

"Well for one, I died. My family died and then there was the witch hunt which was just a disguise for the blame for crop failure and a way to get rid of anyone against church." I explained. Talking about it, took me back to a dark place. A time I wanted to forget but it was branded into my memory.

...

Flash Back

...

Romania, Bucharest

Year 1580

...

[This is her outfit, not her]

"Don't run sweetheart, you're going to hurt yourself." I told Eric.

"But mama, it's faster." He whined.

"I know Sweetheart, but when you're hurt then mama is hurt too." I kissed his head.

"Wife." I heard and turned to see Andrei.

"Husband." I smiled and went over to take his pelts.

"Papa!" Eric squealed and ran to his father who lifted him up.

"There's the little beast. Were you a good boy for your mama?" he asked to which Eric shyly smiled and then nodded.

"I'm always a good boy for mama." He showed his missing tooth with a wide smile.

"Well, then I think you deserve a little something for that." Andrei smiled and pulled a golden acorn.

"Is that from the tree of old?" Eric asked to which Andrei nodded with a mysterious smile. It was just a plain oak tree that the woodsmen decided not to cut down until it was necessary. It was a very beautiful tree, magical even.

"They say only the bravest can go there." I say as I went closer to my husband.

"Oh, I'm going to tell Vlad." Eric said running off. Both Andrei and I chuckled at our boy.

"How's the little one?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around me and placed a kiss on my neck.

"Doesn't want to stop moving." I chuckled and placed his hand on my belly.

"Strong, just like his papa." He said and claimed my lips. It was a passionate kiss that stole my mind and reason away.

"Andrei, Eric could come back any minute." I giggled.

"Don't worry wife, I can be fast." He growled playfully in my ear.

"Codrin." They pulled apart to see Andrei's brother with a grimace.

"You need to come to see something." He told Andrei.

"What is it?" Andrei asked and place a hand protectively over my belly.

"A message." He stated and then his gaze shifted to me and then back to my husbands. Andrei nodded and kissed my head and left quickly, all I could hear was their hush whispers.

...

Present time

...

USA, New York

Year 2019

...

"Forina." I snapped out of thought when James touched my hand.

"Yes." I asked.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Of course." I said with a smile trying to push away my sadness.

"You spaced out for a while." He stated.

"Forina." Lucas called out, interrupting me from speaking.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"It'll be morning soon." He stated.

"Ah, well I must be off. Grab those will you." I told James and then motioned the strawberries to Lucas and then walked off.

...

Third point of view

...

"So you're her little servant." James mocked.

"You know nothing." Lucas said simply and shrugged it off.

"I know you're a piece of shit that hurt my sister." James snarled but was in no position to start and win a fight with Lucas.

"I'm sorry about Jane, but you wouldn't be in this position if you hadn't hacked my email. It's your fault really, even hurting Jane. I wouldn't have broken up with her if you didn't." Lucas shrugged and picked up the strawberries.

"Why are you even here?" James asked. Lucas stared for a minute then left without another word. James couldn't comprehend what had really happened.

But a few things were certain...

Vampires where real.

He could never see his family again.

And He was probably going  to die.

And yet the only thing he could really think about was her. They were hiding in plain sight, parading as Gothic, vampire loving humans when in fact they were just that, vampires.