Chapter 7 : The Basics

Chapter 7

...

Forina Bogdan

...

"I'll be arriving in four days make sure that  the necessary arrangements are made." His voice was still so sweet and caring even though he was ordering me around.

"Yes, father." I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"And daughter." He said and paused.

"Yes, father?" I asked.

"I've missed you," he said and ended the call. I hadn't seen him in ten months and I knew that he was really feeling it, we both were. For years we had been together, and for so long we had been each other's only piece of the family and yet the urge to murder him was ever so strong.

"Alec," I called out to him loudly even though he was only a few inches away from me.

"Yes, your majesty." He said sarcastically and turned away from his laptop to face me.

"My father is coming in four days, invite all the familiars," I told him while waking up from my seat. Now all I had to do was deal with James...

Father was wanted to meet him and that only meant one of two things.

He either wanted to turn him or he wanted to kill him.

...

I could hear James trying to pick the lock which was weird since the door was left open.

I opened it just for him to fall forward.

"It was open," I stated and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Err..." he stuttered.

"Wake up," I told him as I opened the door wider for a group of people to come in.

"I want him to be dressed in a black and red suit with velvet cuffs. Oh and just give him a makeover while you're at it." I told them.

"Wh-what? Why?" he stuttered as they started measuring him.

...

The third point of view
...

"Because father will be here in four days and you have to be ready or else he'll throw a fit. So here are some of the basics you need to know." She said with a bored expression.

"Basics?" he asked with confusion.

"Yes, about vampires." She explained with a look that screamed 'you're a dumbass'.

"Oh." He said slowly and nodded.

"Yes, oh..." she rolled her eyes and looked him up and down as his suit fitted him to perfection.

"First of all, we don't sparkle nor do we burn in the sunlight, the UV rays merely irritate us since we have heightened senses." She started off by saying and then went on.

"Next, your maker decides your relationship for example, my maker had intentions of me being his daughter, and hence we have that bond. The intention is very important when turning someone if not they have a chance rogue and feral. What else?" she pondered and tapped her chin with her manicured nails.

"Oh yes, as you get older, the stronger you will become, you also gain certain abilities and sometimes you get what we call the dark gift. The dark gifts are things like mind reading and so forth. They are very special abilities that can also determine your rank within the coven." She explained and acted as if she didn't notice Lucas walk in.

"What about when you bite humans, does that turn them?" he asked as he looked at Lucas.

"No, vampires release venom with the same properties of oxytocin which is the chemical released in the brain when you have sex. It's more euphoric." She grinned and noticed his blush.

"Plus there's a fine line between pain and pleasure. Why? Do you want to sample it?" She grinned and flashed him a smile as her fangs elongated.

"I'm good." He said quickly.

"Yeah, he's too uptight for that." Lucas smile but James could see it in his eyes. The fear and jealousy when Forina had offered.

"You haven't eaten yet." Lucas cooed and threw an arm around her.

"I'm not hungry." Forina told him in the same boring voice. Lucas visibly deflated but knew not to push the matter.

"Do you have a suit?" she asked him and took a bite of a strawberry that someone had brought in for her.

"Yes," Lucas answered her and touched her waist. James could see how Lucas was under her spell, she was one of, if not the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She was divine.

But James could also see that she didn't look at Lucas the same way. To her, he was a walking... talking... blood bag and that would never change.

James felt kind of bad for him, but then again he had his own problems starting with the fact that in four days there would be a fifty percent chance of him dying.

...

Forina Bogdan

...

"Why do you keep me around?" he voiced out his question.

"What was that?" I asked him, pretending that I hadn't heard him.

"Why do you keep me around?" he asked again

I turned to face him and slowly walked over to where he sat up in bed.

"Why are you asking?" I returned his question with another question.

"Just curious." He said but his heartbeat skipping a beat said otherwise.

"Why are you curious now?" I asked and let my silk rob come undone.

"Why aren't answering?" he asked and I let him pull me flush against his chest.

"I keep you around me because I care about you." and because you have a rare blood type but you don't need to know that.

He let a sigh out and kissed me before saying, "I love you."

Really, the 'I love you'.

I smiled and kissed him more firmly and started grinding on him. The last thing I wanted him to do was to think, and what better way to distract him than with sex.

His hands wandered below and I gasped at the coldness of his fingers.

"You're so ready already." He growled as his fingers explored my sex. I gasped against his lips as I moved with him setting the motion.

He growled and went to kissing and sucking on my now hardened nipples as his fingers started a pace, "So wet..."

Defiantly a good distraction.