Chapter 29: Nightmares

Chapter 29

It had been a few weeks since the new broke free that Forina was with child, Darius had been clinging to her like a second skin and Forina was lapping up the attention.

But still, the parents of the soon to big brother were worried.

It had been the first day Darius had left Forina's side and it wasn't by choice. Forina had to go see to the coven and as much as she wanted Darius with her, it was no place for a child, especially one who had been abused by vampir's not too long ago.

"Are you excited to be a big brother?" Andrei asked Darius. Forina froze as she was about to enter the room. She stood and listened, her heartbreaking as she could imagine Darius shaking his head no.

"Why not, son?" Andrei asked.

"Because you and mommy are going to leave me," Darius answered with a frown. He hunched forward and turned away from his father as he wiped his eyes.

"Why do you think that?" Andrei asked as he pulled his son closer and hugged him. Forina felt sharp pains in her heart as she watched the scene unravel.

Darius shrugged and just rested his head on Andrei as his father rubbed his head soothingly.

"Now listen here, your mother and I love you very much and we're not going to leave you. We are a family, all that's happening is that our family is getting a bit bigger, that's all." Andrei started then continued, "We are never going to leave you." he ended and kissed the top of Darius's head.

Forina smiled at the scene and paused for a minute, simply taking in everything then walked in.

"So, what have you boys been up too?" Forina asked with a smile and acted as if she hadn't witnessed the exchanged before she made herself known.

"Mommy!" Darius exclaimed excitedly and ran to her and carefully hugged her.

"Hey, baby." She smiled and picked him up and perched him on her hip as she walked towards her husband.

"You're early today," Andrei remarked with a smile and gave her a knowing look as he knew she saw the scene that unravelled.

"I wanted to spend some time with my two favourite boys." Forina smiled at them and gave a knowing look towards her husband and pecked his lips.

"Well, how about ice cream and movies?" Andrei asked them and picked them both up and carried them away while they giggled and forgot their problems.

...

"Did you really think you could escape me?" A voice asked. It was a figure with darkness swarming like a wasp. Its teeth visible dripping with a scarlet liquid.

"No...no...no..." Darius mumbled as he stumbled backwards, his feet hardly moving as his heart raced in the name of fear.

"Mummy cant save you now?" It snarled menacingly and walked forward, its figure getting bigger and bigger as it got closer. Each step caused more darkness to swarm around it.

"No... this is a nightmare..." Darius cried out and fell backwards.

"Tell dear old mummy that she'll be mine again." It said with a grin and opened its mouth like a shark with teeth sharp and ready to dismember him.

...

"Darius! Darius wake up!" Forina shook him as he cried out and thrashed around in his sleep and yet there was no sign of him waking up. It was as if he was stuck in his nightmare, reliving his horrors over and over again.

"Andrei!" Forina called out for her husband as nothing she did could wake Darius up.

"Forina? Darius!" Andrei called out as he rushed in and witnessed Darius flailing about in her arms.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open and revealed two orbs of inky darkness.

"Forina, can you do something?" Andrei quickly asked referring to her power.

"I can't, I can only control darkness over the corporeal dominion." Forina cried out as Darius thrashed around then stopped. He gasped then rose up suddenly, his eyes back to normal.

"Darius?" Forina called out to him and hesitantly put a hand on his shoulder.

"Mommy?" he looked at her then launched himself into her arms and gripped on for dear life.

"Shh, it's okay. No one is going to hurt you." Forina cooed and rubbed his back and rocked him back and forth.

"He's going to come for me mommy!" Darius cried out as he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"Who?" Andrei asked as he placed a hand on Darius's head.

"He said that he was going to get you again and that you were his." Darius cried.

Forina and Andrei looked at each other and they knew exactly who was responsible for this. They knew exactly what this was. It was a message from Casimir...

...

Corporeal- relating to a person's body, especially as opposed to their spirit. A synonym is earthly.

Authors note: Sorry for not updating sooner, I was and still am a bit stuck with this book. Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote and to follow me.