Chapter 28: "YOU GOT ME PREGNANT!"

Chapter 28

"It's surprising really; I would've thought Casimir would have shown him by now." Alec hummed to himself as he sipped the scarlet liquid from his glass with great satisfaction.

"Hmm, who would've thought that he'd be such a coward?" Forina agreed as she sat next to her best friend, drinking a from a glass just like Alec.

"So hows the bun?" Alec asked as he shot her a grin.

"Fuck off!" Forina glared, her mood doing a complete 180-degree turn.

"Relax mama, where's the baby daddy?" Alec laughed as he nudged her gently keeping in mind of her condition.

Forina rolled her eyes and then answered, "He took Darius and went shopping for things I used to crave when I was human." Forina sighed but smiled at his thoughtfulness.

It had been a solid week since they had found out about the miracle bun in Forina's oven, and Andrei was going a little bit crazy.

...

Flashback

1 Week earlier

...

"So what do you think of maybe getting Darius a Horse?" Andrei asked his wife as he wrapped a towel around his waist and walked through the bathroom. It had been a satisfyingly normal day to which they acted completely mundane.

Forina would leave after dinner to see to the coven and to her multiple businesses and Andrei would stay with Darius and see to his businesses from there. He had mostly become a house husband and was oddly okay with it.

At midnight Forina would come back to them and it continued all over again. Darius had gotten used to it and was a complete momma's boy, something Forina loved wholeheartedly.

"Sure, But maybe we should get him a pony for now, while he's still little." Forina complied with a gentle voice.

"Sweetheart, is Darius there with you?" He asked as he heard heartbeats coming from the room.

"No, why?" Forina asked as he came out and quietly looked around the room for the source of the fluttering beat.

"Because I can hear a heartbeat," Andrei answered to his wife and continued to look around.

"What are you talking about? I can't hear anything..." Forina told him and walked towards him, a look of concern carved into her features.

Before he could say anything he heard the beating louder and more clear than before. The realisation hit him like a train as he fell onto his knees and held her hips gently.

"Andrei... What are you doing?" Forina asked as she tried to move back but to no success as he held her in place.

"My love, you are with child..." he smiled and kissed her belly.

"What?" she asked in confusion.

"What did you smoke?" she laughed it off and tried to move away from him.

"Forina, You're pregnant..." he said and woke up from his knees but still kept his hand on her belly.

"Andrei, You can stop, I'm so easy to prank..." she said with a nod, mostly trying to convince herself.

"I can hear two heartbeats, a female vampire only gains a heartbeat when she's pregnant." He told her as a vampire would only gain a heartbeat when she's pregnant as the body needs to go through certain changes.

"Also, can you use your gift?" he asked her as pregnant vampires can never access their gifts as the pregnancy would prevent it, to give the woman as much strength as possible.

Forina froze as her eyes widened in realisation and sudden fear.

"YOU GOT ME PREGNANT!"

...

Present

...

"Poor chap, What did you use to crave?" Alec asked his best friend with a grin.

"Strawberries and a lot of sweets-" Forina sighed as the sudden thoughts of chocolate popped into her head, "-And now I really want chocolates." She threw her head back in frustration.

"And how did Darius react to the news?" Alec asked her.

"Well, it went as well as I expected..." she trailed off as she remembered his reaction to the news.

...

Flashback

...

"Darius, sweetheart can you come here for a second," Forina called out to him and sat next to Andrei who played with her hair.

"Yes, mommy." He came instantly and sat on her lap, a grin painted on his face as he snuggled into her chest.

"We have something to tell you, son." Andrei smiled at his son.

"You see son, I'm going to need your help to take care of mommy-" Andrei started which caused Forina to instantly roll her eyes at her husband, "-you see, mommy is going to have a baby," Andrei said.

Darius froze instantly and went ridged in his mother's hold. "Are you going to give me away?" He asked in a small voice as he shrank into himself.

"Oh no honey, of course not. You're going to be a big brother." Forina cooed and brought him back to her chest as he was leaning away from her.

"But you'll love it more than me." Darius whimpered.

"No, you are our child and we would never treat you any differently," Andrei said a kissed Darius's head and ruffled his hair.

"We love you very much and nothing will ever change that," Forina told him and kissed his head while rocking him back and forth.

...

Present

...

"He's been clinging to me ever since, actually. Today was the first day he actually left my side." She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"Well, I see where the kid is coming from. He's insecure because the baby would be yours but he's adopted." Alec summed up with a knowing look.

"I hate that he feels that way. I want him to know that he's my child too, Andrei's and my blood runs through his veins, to us... he's our baby." Forina sighed and laid her head back against the headrest and tried to relax.

Things were defiantly going to get more difficult.

...

Information

...

Vampire children are born with a heartbeat and will stop beating when the child comes of age as the Childs body needs to grow and change until it the right time. When the Childs's heart stops then all ageing stops along with it.

A Vampire child can come of age anywhere between the ages of 20 to 26.