Chapter 20 : He's Not What You Think

Chapter 20

"Andrei..." Forina whispered. This couldn't be real...her Andrei was dead. He had been dead for over 500 years and yet here he was. Like nothing had ever happened to him. Every strain of hair neatly combed, suit all tailored to  his body.

"No, I'm dreaming..." Forina whispered. Her eyes showed grief and sadness as she stared at her late husband who now looked very much alive.

A dark mist poured from her palms as she kept her eyes in a deadlock on Andrei.

"Forina!" Alec called out for her but it fell on deaf ears. The darkness spread like shadows. Everything it touched turned black and burned in its wake. Her once beautiful dress of flowers turned black and withered away as she lost all colour of happiness she vaguely had.

The pain and the guilt that had been bottling up had finally exploded and was going to burn everything down with it.

The fire started from the darkness, it had an unusual black flame that circled her,eit protecting her or isolating her.

"Forina!" Alec screamed for his best friend but again... nothing.

"My love." Andrei cooed as he walked into the flames, unafraid of pain or darkness itself.

"It's me. I'm real and I'm alive." He said softly as he took her face in his hands. He gave her a soft smiled before they were engulfed in a grey mist.

Their surroundings had changed with the mist. They weren't in Castelul Corvinilor anymore but a lush forest that you would only see in a jungle. It was very calm and magical, it was completely unreal.

The darkness within Forina, however, was still unstable from being bottled up for so long.

"Let it out," Andrei told her. His voice washed over her like a heavenly dream.

Forina screamed and let everything go, the guilt, and the sadness... the grief. Her power exploded and took most of the forest down in flames but as it went down new life started to grow almost immediately, healthier...

She started sobbing, "If I'm dead I don't ever want to live, if I'm dreaming I don't ever want to wake up." She sobbed against his chest, she shook with sadness and disbelief 

This couldn't have been real. To Forina, Andrei had been dead for over 500 years and with his death, he took her heart along with him.

"You're not dead and you're not dreaming. You're alive with me." Andrei said and touched her face gently almost as if he, himself didn't believe she was real.

"But how. The plague, they took you and Eric from me." She cried.

"There was no plague. Eric was killed." Andrei told her. His eyes clenched as he remembered that horrific time.

"What do you mean?" she asked desperately.

"There's a lot that was hidden from you. Casimir isn't who you think he is. He..." Andrei started then stopped and looked down.

"HE WHAT?" Forina cried.

"He planned everything. He killed Eric. I only made it out because of Victor; he turned me and took me away. Casimir also put the rumour of you doing witchcraft so that he could have you and turn you." Andrei told her.

"What?" she gasped, her eyes welling with unshed tears. She turned around towards the darkening sky.

"Why? Why us?" she asked in a small voice.

"Because of the way you look. You very closely to his daughter-" Andrei started but she cut him off.

"Amelia..." She said finishing his sentence. His words seemed to echo around her. Her saviour wasn't that at all. He was the one that condemned her, the one who had cursed her.

"Yes, she had died a couple of years before he had come to Romanian, then he saw you and then everything went to shit." He said and then looked up at the sky.

"Why didn't you come to find me earlier?" she asked in a soft voice.

"I did, I looked everywhere and I never gave up but Casimir knew I was alive and he knew I would come for you so he tried to kill me, every day a new way. While every time he would change your location and have you surround but guards." He explained with a sigh.

He took her hand then looked at her, his eyes full of emotions.

"But now that I found you, I'm never letting you go again." He vowed as he placed his palms on her face. He leaned in only for her to pull away slowly.

"As much as I want to kiss you, I'm married to another." She sighed even though she was married to him too. But the new bond between her and Nathan wouldn't allow her to cheat.

"I know, that won't be a problem for much longer." He grinned sadistically and brushed her hair out of her face.

He smiled softly and caressed her skin softly while something caught his attention, a little pearl that rested on her chest. "You still have it..." he murmured.

"Of course, I never had the heart to leave it behind. you gave it to me to symbolise Eric remember," Forina smiled sadly.

"Andrei..." Forina said after a moment of silence, "- you have to take me back. I have a coup to start." Forina said.

"W-what?" he asked surprised.

"Yes, a coup. I want to be coven master and overthrow Casimir then get revenge for what he's done." Forina said. A dark expression washed over her face. There was a reason that darkness was her gift.

"You have a sinister look in your eyes... I love it." He purred and placed a kiss on her neck then pulled away.

"Let's go start a coup." He purred in her ear then pulled her flush against his chest, and again they were engulfed with a mist and suddenly their surrounding had changed.

"I see someone has teleportation." She remarked while pulling away from him.

"Just as you have your darkness." He retorted and looked around only to see everything destroyed.

"Forina!" Alec appeared, worry and shock appeared on his face.

"Alec, I'm okay... Everything is still in place?" she asked him.

"What? Yes... Wait... What the fuck happened? Where were you?" he asked in a panic.

"This is Andrei, my husband... everything that happened was a lie and now its the time for revenge. I'll tell you everything else later but right now we have a coup to start." Forina smiled at him but that smile didn't hide the sadistic look in her eyes.

"You need to change first." He sighed and then nodded.

He would get his answers later...

Authors Note: Do you guys want me to add music?