Chapter 15 : First Sight

Chapter 15

...

Romania, Bucharest 1494

...

"Did you hear about the newcomers?" Anna asked as the duo worked on their latest project a wedding dress.

"Of course I didn't. Almost all the woman are falling for the man. I don't know what's so grand about him anyway," Forina answered, not really paying attention. Even though she was at a marriageable age didn't mean she wanted to get married. She just wanted to be free.

"Well I heard from the other girls that he's strong and wealthy, is a woodsman, also I heard that he's very handsome," she giggled while nudging me with a wink.

"And what would Adam say if he heard you say that?" Forina asked with a raised eyebrow as she mentioned Anna's soon to be husband.

"Well he didn't hear, plus he knows that he's the one I love," Anna said, her voice trailed off as if she had been lost in one of her daydreams.

"Well, as much as I'm happy for you, I still don't want to get married now," Forina shrugged and went back to work.

"You are at a good marrying age Forina, you only have so much time left until no one will want to marry you," Anna commented and Forina knew that she was right. Forina knew that she had a time limit as she knew that once her parent's patience had run out, she would have to marry.

All Forina could do was hope that she found someone good in time before her parents would take it upon themselves to choose her husband for her.

"Anna?" they both paused when someone entered the shop.

"Looks like you're promised is here," Forina smiled to which Anna rolled her eyes but smiled none the less.

"In here, beloved," Anna called out to him.

He was a big man, tall and unrefined, but he was kind and gentle too. Perfect for Anna in Forina's opinion. She thought that they were perfect for each other as Anna looked like the complete opposite with her innocent features.

But as Adam walked in, he wasn't alone...

"Hello Draga," He smiled lovingly at his soon to be wife and kissed her hand.

"And who's this?" Anna asked. Forina finally looked up to see him.

He was tall and very handsome and also new...

"This is Andrei, he's new in town." Adam introduced but Andrei couldn't be bothered as the only thing he could do was stare...

At Forina...

When their eyes meet it was like everything clicked.

It was love at first sight, it wasn't as trivial as looking at each other's appearance but it was when their eyes meet.

Eyes where the windows to the soul and when their eyes meet, their souls connected and they knew that the search was over.

It was the complete utter feeling of finally being complete when you lock eyes with one person after meeting them for the first time. You would do absolutely anything just to hold their hand. Just to know them. Just to be together forever no matter what.

And Forina knew from that moment that he was going to be the man that she married.

"Hello, I'm Andrei..." he introduced.

"Forina..." she said breathlessly.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

...

Romania, Castelul Corvinilor [Corvins Castle] 2019

...

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

"Forina?" Nathan called out to her as she stood on the balcony overlooking the vast land of trees.

"Yes?" she asked snapping out of her world. She always thought of Andrei when she came here, it was Romania that brought so many unwanted memories, memories like when they had gotten married when she had discovered that she was pregnant with Eric.

It was one of the many reasons why she didn't like coming to Romania, it was why she left as soon as she could.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around her silhouette.

"Nothing," she answered and laid her head back on his shoulder but he could tell that there was something definitely troubling her.

"How did the meeting with my father go?" she asked while looking out into the woods.

"Intense, he spoke to the other coven masters about rumours of someone coming in with a lot of power. He seemed pretty edge about it actually," Nathan said while kissing up and down her neck.

"So he's pretty distracted huh..." Forina smiled but then really thought about his words.

Somebody coming in with a lot of power...

Someone powerful enough to put Casimir on edge...

"Do you know who it is or where this person is?" she asked.

"No, Apparently no one knows, he's in hiding and planning to take over the covens," He answered.

Forina knew that she was powerful enough to take her father on and the fact that she didn't was out of sheer gratitude.

But her gratitude was wearing thin as the constant remarks of women being weak and that the only thing they should do is sit still and look pretty was really getting to her.

Even when she was human, she always thought that woman shouldn't be underestimated and now she was going to show Casimir that underestimating her was the last thing he should have done.

Forina was definitely powerful enough to prove just that as she had a dark gift that now knew about...

Evil Projections...

The ability to call upon the Darkness to take out your enemies, And she knew exactly how to use it, given the fact that she was over five hundred years. You could say she practised a lot...

But who was this new person powerful enough to take Casimir? Forina needed to find out.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O