Chapter 26: Taxes

Chapter 26

"Well, that was amazing..." Forina hummed against her husband's bare chest.

"I can't agree more." He chuckled and placed a kiss on top of her head.

"But then again, it's always been amazing with you." Forina kissed his chest and looked up at him.

"It has, Our bodies were made for each other as we share a soul, my love." He said as he gazed into her eyes.

"You have such a way with words." She grinned.

"Only for you my love." He grinned back, but Forina couldn't help but think about what he said.

To Forina, if soul mates existed then he would be hers. They were made for each other and if everything in the world were lies then that much was true. They were soul mates.

"Mommy! Mommmmmy!" Darius called from the door.

He called out as he continuously knocked.

"Fuck!" Both parents cursed as they rushed to gather their clothes and dress.

"Coming sweetheart!" Forina called back as they used their supernatural speed to get dress as they silently thanked the gods for the door being locked.

"Mommy!" Darius called out again, this time the door shook as he tried to open it. Both Andrei and Forina rushed even more as even Andrei tripped while pulling his pants up.

Forina did one last check on her appearance and the room and finally opened the door.

"Hey, sweetheart." Forina greeted her son.

"Mommy, what were you and daddy doing?" He asked curiously.

"Paperwork-" "Taxes-" the duo blurted at the same time and they looked at each other.

"Taxes," Forina answered finally

"What's taxes?" He asked as his eyes widened in curiosity.

"Its just grown-up things darling." Forina laughed softly as she patted his head affectionately.

Darius paused and then looked up at his parents with a wide grin, "I'm a grown-up now."

The couple laughed at his comment and then took him back to their wing in Castelul Corvinilor. The whole way, Darius talked about his day and all the things he learned when he went to the coven school.

Things were kind of perfect but they still had to address a very important issue.

...

"We can't ignore this any longer. There has been no sighting of Casimir since the coup." Forina spoke as she walked around the room. Everyone silently listened to their mistress as she spoke. Her voice was both mesmerising and commanding.

"We stick together from now on, I don't want anyone going of one their own, other than that I want everyone to still think that we are searching for him," Forina told them with a smirk.

"I'm sorry, everyone to still think that we're searching for him, I don't follow," Tamara said in confusion.

"Exactly that, we're going to stop and smell the roses while everyone else thinks we are working tirelessly. As long as everyone still thinks we are searching for him then Casimir thinks the same, call it a mind fuck if you will." Forina smirked at her court.

"But...But we can't just stop." Freya stuttered as if she couldn't comprehend what Forina had just said, as if she had spoken a dead language.

"We can, A mind fuck if you will. See, it turned your mind to dough, all we have to do knead it." Forina explained and then sat back down.

"It completely fucking crazy... I love it." Alec commented and was followed by the positive responses of the rest of the court.

"Meeting Adjourned." Forina smiled at them as they left the room with a new spring in their step.

"Well, that was unexpected," Andrei commented as he stayed behind for her.

"You know my need to be spontaneous." Forina laughed as she kissed his lips softly. "Come now, we have a prince waiting for us." She continued and led him away.

They walked hand in hand to their son in complete bliss, everything seemed to be falling into place but they both knew that they wouldn't be able to rest while Casimir was still out there. They needed revenge and to be freed. Casimir had started something that they needed to finish.

They didn't know how or when but they were going to finish the job.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Darius exclaimed excitedly as he saw his parents enter the room.

"There's my prince charming..." Forina exclaimed as Darius ran into his mother's arms in pure joy.

"You're back early!" He said happily as he looked to his father.

"Well get used to it, you're mother and I will be coming back home earlier just for you." Andrei grinned at his son and took him from Forina and threw him into the air. Darius's giggles were contagious as joy-filled the once gloomy castle.

"Mommy! Save me!" Darius squealed as Andrei tickled him.

"Look out foul beast for the I am a knight and I will save the prince!" Forina played along and grabbed Darius and ran with him. The pair giggling as Andrei followed.

"Mommy, the evil dragon is coming!" Darius squealed.

"No worries young prince, he is no match for the mighty knight." Forina said in a playful voice as Andrei playfully roared and said, "I will take the prince and tickle him!"

"Oh no, Tickles!" Darius cried and the trio burst out in laughter.

Things were finally looking up...

...

"Look at them, running around like children." Casimir chuckled and turned away from them.

"What do you intend to do?" she asked as she turned away.

"Well, with your help... get everything I lost. I want Forina back, but before when she was more...obedient." He grinned.

"I... I don't think I can do it." She said in a harsh whisper.

"Have I not given you enough incentive or shall I demonstrate my power over you," he asked as he turned to leave.

"No! Wait! I just meant that I might not have that much power to do it." She cried out to him.

"Then I suggest you find the power and find it quick," Casimir told her and left the room. She broke down in sobs and she knew there was no turning back. She knew what she had to do...

A/N: Another chapter and in one day??? Let's say I'm getting back into it. :) 

also, I have another book called behind the words, it's an interview book so please go check it out. love you guys. thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me.