𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Apparently, there were a lot of things you weren't aware about. You didn't even think about the fact that maybe... Peter was feeling the same."

[WORD COUNT: 1620!]

[WORD COUNT: 1620!]

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

'a happy soul is the best shield in a cruel world'
— atticus

You stretched out with a yawn as your heart bounced with every step down the stairs. The living room was cold, as the heating had been off all morning and the cold wooden flooring stung your feet at you reached the end of the stairs and trailed off into the kitchen. A strong scent of vanilla filled your nose from the lightly scented candles you had lit last night and thankfully remembered to blow them out for once, so now the after fragrance was still floating around the room.

You slipped a glass out from above the sink and began pouring yourself some water when there was a knock at your door. For a moment you thought maybe it was Peter walking around upstairs, but then the same patterned knock came again. Who would be on your doorstep in school hours?

You pulled some leggings from the radiators and slipped them over your legs before making sure your hair wasn't too messy and opened the door.

"There you are! I've been worried sick" Your brother Ned almost yelled at you from the doorstep. Well shit.

"Ned you know I would be at school if there wasn't something wrong with me, plus why aren't you in school? Don't tell me you left just to come looking for me, I know you're not that sentimental." you cocked your brow, leaning against the door frame and folding your arms under one another.

"Whatever, look can I come in for a second? I basically ran here and I need a drink" Ned took a step forward lightly, but your hand came up to stop him.

"Uh, yeah, no" you swallowed, feeling the heat rising to your cheeks. Despite being good at a lot of things, lying wasn't one of your adopted skills.

"What you got someone here that I don't know about?" Ned sent a playful wink, making your heart jump. Yeah Ned actually, I do. It's Peter. I'm giving him sexual lessons because he's a virgin and like super nervous around girls, happy now?

"Well, n-no but if I do have a bug or something I don't want you to catch it" Nice one, Y/N, played that so cool.

"Bullshit, I'd be the first one you'd hand it down to" He gave you an eye roll before moving in past you. You clenched your jaw, eyes widening as you were sent into immediate panic mode. You ran past Ned, claiming you needed to use the bathroom before shooting up the stairs and into your bedroom. Peter was just leaving the doorway when he was hit by your soft hands on his chest, pushing him back into the shadowy room and covering his mouth.