𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

[WORD COUNT: 2150]

[WORD COUNT: 2150]

 .・。.・゜.・゜・。.

'the doubters are just dreamers with broken hearts'
— atticus

Your head lolled gently on your shoulders as your eyes drifted in and out of sleep. It had been around ten minutes since Peter had left, and you were still procrastination on whether or not to get up, or just lie in bed. You knew which one you would prefer, but you needed to get up soon. Your feet outstretched to the colder end of the bed as you fell backwards, head hitting the pillow and wanting desperately to sleep.

You had already contacted the school about not going in, and filled in for Peter too. Now, you had around an hour until Peter came back and you already knew you'd be spending the whole day together. Peter was getting confident, which was a good thing for him but you were on the fence. Like you had said before, you wanted to make the most of the time you had with Peter, as you'd never been this close with him. Yes, you were best friends and had been for a while but this... This was so much different.

You knew with the new earned ego Peter would whizz through the steps, getting his nerves out the way with you before... Moving onto someone who represented more of a challenge. You knew deep down inside that you should and were happy for him, but you were allowing yourself to feel ever so slightly jealous because quite frankly, who wouldn't? It was your own fault.

People would have told you to just be up and open about your feelings, as you were the one leading the situation, but that didn't mean you had a say over what Peter's opinion would be. You weren't the boss of him. But at the same time, you were unsure exactly what you were feeling for Peter. You could nail down maybe having a crush on him, but it wouldn't progress any further than that as you knew what falling in love was like, and this wasn't it. Heck, you'd seen him naked at his weakest, why wouldn't you have something for him?

You sucked your teeth, moving your legs from under the blanket and strolling across your room, picking up one of your oversized shirts your dad used to wear and exchanged it for the top you were currently wearing. Then, you opted to head downstairs for some breakfast and catch up revision, seeing as you weren't going to be at school and would most certainly need the energy.

Mornings were never fun when you had time off school, as nothing ever happened. You'd never had a day off when you lived with your parents, only during college due to Peter, which excluded the agreement. It was only ever times when he was in desperate need of medical attention, and despite having done this now for over six months (openly to you) he still hadn't come up with a good enough excuse to use at the hospital. So, you were his go-to.

So, the morning after you would usually be exhausted, hauling yourself out of bed and moping around after being forced to take the day off. At times Peter would usually then be the one looking after you, as he would usually sleep or at worst times pass out after being treated and leave you awake cleaning up after him. A prime example of one of those moments was when he came to you with a bullet wound, certainly hesitant he didn't want to go to the hospital, so you had to stand and remove it yourself. You were mad for a couple of days, as learning that if you didn't cauterize the wound he could have been killed from blood loss. So, he trailed around after you making sure you were okay for maybe a day or two before you both returned to school.