𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"And FYI, you're never gonna lose me"

Don't speak too soon, Parker.

[WORD COUNT: 3674!]
I already used this gif but it looks so much like Peter 💀

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

'and suddenly we were strangers again'
— Unknown

Almost a week had passed and you and Peter had been out of contact ever since your little breakdown, apart mentally and physically. He'd texted you, you knew that, but for the majority, you had been leaving him on read as you didn't feel like replying. You were being selfish, you knew that, but then again you knew you would reply at some point.

Plus, it's not like you had been avoiding him. You had seen him around school, but opted to take a different route every time he would come your way, and leave classes early so you wouldn't bump into him at your locker and-... Maybe you were avoiding him. But, you were unsure why.

"Hey," you heard your brother's voice approach you from the side as you rummaged through your locker. Wherever Ned was, Peter usually followed, and your stomach dropped at the thought that he might be close by. You didn't know whether it was the thought that things were getting sticky now, and you were afraid something might slip if one of you got too caught up. Mainly more on Peter's side, as you were good at keeping secrets. You'd kept one of Peter's for over six months.

You turned to face him, quickly shooting him a smile before your eyes fell back to your hands sliding in and out between books and other objects you had stuffed in the small space, "hey"

"You okay? You've been acting weird ever since last week" he asked with a subtle tone, eyes keeping themselves locked on your body language trying to catch something out and question you about it. "Not to be that guy but, you've been avoiding me like the plague"

You shrugged, "I dunno, guess I'm just having a shit week" you sighed, finally shutting your locker with false hope of finding your spare set of pens. You'd lost three over the course of two hours, which would usually be impossible with you being so organised.

Ned sent you a worried look before lightly shrugging it off, which only bugged you more. Yes, he cared about you but sometimes it felt like you were suffocating. He was on your case twenty-four seven and if it wasn't for Peter you probably wouldn't have any kind of release when you needed it. Speaking of which-

"Hey" another familiar voice joined your side, eyes turning to see Peter walking towards you in the hallway. Although you debated it, you knew shouldn't just turn and run away from Peter. Not in the open where it would be obvious you were avoiding him, which you were still unsure as to why you were doing it. You shot him a smile while Ned and Peter did their handshake thing, your mind still stuck on trying to actually grasp it.

"I uh, actually came to talk to Y/N for a sec" Peter smiled awkwardly, biting the inside of his cheek as he looked between you and Ned. Your brother groaned, "Seriously I feel like the third wheel sometimes". Your heart was pounding, worried he would be mad at you for avoiding him. You didn't want to fall out with Peter, you couldn't even remember, apart from last week, a time when you had actually had a proper fall out: not talking for days on end, ignoring each other, giving each other the cold shoulder etc.

"Oh go flirt with Betty or something" you rolled your eyes at his self given sympathy before folding your arms and waiting for him to walk away. Soon enough, only the back of his head could be seen in the slowly dissipating flood of students as they headed either out of school or towards the cafeteria. You turned to Peter, who for some reason was closer than you expected, but not enough so much he was invading your cherished personal space.