𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'nothing can come between you and Inot even the gods above can separate the two of us'

not even the gods above
can separate the two of us'

[WORD COUNT: 1.7k]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Soft silence filled the naked room, stripped away from the ruffling sheets and gasps from earlier that night, feeling the heat from Peter's skin against your own, his chin now on the crown of your head completely cradling you in his body supporting you like the smaller spoon. Yet you lay awake, your eyes stinging from the lack of blinking, staring out the lengthy window across the room. For some odd and shifting reason, there was a tightness in your stomach, somewhat like anxiety but amplified, churning and eating away inside. You were at peace, in the arms of the only person you needed. So why were you... terrified?

Despite being comfortable, and not wanting to disturb Peter, you needed to get up. You felt like you needed something like there was a missing part of you and you couldn't seem to find it. Slowly rolling your head along with the pillow, you reached around to your stomach, gliding Peter's grabby hand away from your shirt and lowering it down to the mattress. Your heart sprung into action as you felt him twist beside you, pulse racing, only calming when he had stopped moving and began lightly snoring once again. You took a deep breath, ensuring to exhale quietly, before slowly teasing your feet out from under the quilt.

The bare wooden floor was cold but soothing, slowly edging yourself upwards and making sure the quilt fell back into place as you turned to look back at Peter. His head was facing upright, nose practically touching the headboard, snoring peacefully. His hair was a little messed, still damp from the shower, cheeks rosy and perfect as always. You gave a simple smile, choosing not to wake him with a kiss to the cheek, and turning away to the window.

The view was truly breath-taking, overlooking the entire city, accompanied by a pool on the balcony. The water shimmered from the lights in the depths of the deep end, glowing a gentle baby blue whereas the top was navy much like the sky. Speaking of which it was littered with stars of all sizes, big ones, small ones, some mistaken for planes passing by. It was calm. Much different from your life at the passing moment.

Dragging your sore feet down to the back of the room you came to the clear glass door, gently sliding it open and leading yourself out to the balcony of the room. It was wild to think you were here, with Peter Parker of all people, in the Stark tower of all places, surrounded by the Avengers. You were at the top of the world. Gone maybe a few months ago you would never have guessed you'd have been here, living a somewhat normal, but happy life, with a boyfriend.

The patio was neatly shaped into large grey slabs, parted with white cement that blanketed the entire balcony aside from the pool's edge, which looked much like pale grey marble. Very rich. Very... Tumblr.  Finally meeting the edge, the end of the platform rising up into thick glass panels, thick metal railing sitting along the top giving you the leisure to lean upon it. It was icy cold from the firm breeze on your skin, sending goosebumps running along your bare arms. Then it was if you were free to just think with no restriction for five minutes.