𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[WORD COUNT: 3000! ]

Please read AN at the end of the chapter! 😘

'Are you happy now?'
— Unknown

A bitter chill collapsed against your skin as the car door slammed shut behind you, igniting the night around you. You had a blanket sealed tightly around your shoulders to keep the raw breeze from colliding with your wet skin. Despite having the heater on full blast, it wasn't exactly aiding you now that you were out in the open, stumbling up the steps to the compound, Happy right by your side. If anything coming out of the warmth and into the icy cold had made everything worse.

Once you were safe inside the building, Happy tugged the blanket from your shoulders making you whine, turning to face him. He was folding the blanket neatly and placing it down on the chair at the reception before marching back towards you. He placed a sympathetic hand on your back, cautiously guiding you through the building and into the centre where there was a large living quarters surrounded by balconies leading off into different rooms.

"Okay, I want you to take this and go to room 24" Happy instructed, handing you a sealed bottle. You swallowed, taking the item carefully before looking at Happy with puzzled eyes. "It'll make sense when you get up there, now go before you freeze to death" he ushered you off to the stairs where you quickly picked up your pace, almost tripping on the metal staircase as you ran upwards.

Your eyes followed the numbers along with the doors until you found number twenty-four. The door was black, very modern like paired with a long silver handle that braced from the top to the bottom, much like a refrigerator. The number was enclosed by different drawing and stickers, non-surprisingly the majority of them being of Spider-Man. You pushed the door open, quickly realising it must have been locked before it slid to the side.

"Oh, duh" you facepalmed, realising the door slid to the side and was not a push or pull navigation. The room was well lit and much bigger than you had interpreted. Your jaw practically snapped off of your cheekbones and rolled across the floor, which was a polished wood. The room was practically luxury, but of course, it was funded by Stark Industries so what could you expect?

At the back of the room was a large window that flooded one whole wall and breached onto the second, the view looking over the entire city. In the centre of the room, there was a small, glass coffee table accompanied by a grey couch that sat beside a flat-screen TV. The ceiling was a polished white, where luminous white lights sat in the padding of the material, not a single shadow in the room. The wallpaper was a shallow gold, decorated with small white dots and the bed... Fit for a queen. The sheets were tucked in perfectly, not a single crease insight and masses amounts off pilows sat at the head of the bed.