𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[WORD COUNT: 2780!]

'One day you will understand why I pushed you away, I'm doing you a favour'
— Granson; Despicable

After the manifesto of your breakdown, you had done as Peter asked; taken the spare key from the kitchen and left, slotting it under the doormat before you hugged yourself tight with your cold arms and tried to keep your tears at bay as you headed to meet your brother. There was nothing keeping you there accept from what you would come to forget. Before the door closed you made sure to imprint the smell of the boy you had mistakenly fallen for in your mind, the way he organised his room... As creepy as it sounded. You'd thought about leaving a note, but decided against it when the crushing pain become too much and you fled the scene with a heavy heart.

Your hood hung low over your damp forehead, trying to keep your rosy cheeks out of view of the people passing you on the streets of Queens. Your legs were almost numb, so weak from all your energy being focused on heaving out your emotions to put one foot in front of the other. You cradled yourself the whole time you walked, steps thundering against the pavement as you trod heavily. Subconsciously you could have sworn you heard the all too familiar 'thwip' pass over you a handful of times, but every time you looked up you just saw the grey clouds shielded by the tall buildings and rooftops.

The smell of coffee almost brought your stomach into your throat as you entered the cafe, lifting your head from your feet and grazing over the empty seats until you found the person you were looking for. Ned was sitting on the window seat crammed into the very back corner of the small building, surrounded by the booths. Your mind began to falter at the sight of him, memory flicking back to the night you had last seen him. A lot had been submerged into that moment, both boys admitting their up-most emotions; your brothers being that he wasn't pleased about your relationship with his best friend, and Peter's being that he actually wanted a relationship.

Wanted.

And now here you were, blood boiling as you looked over at him, his eyes catching yours and it's like the blame flew to his shoulders. It was on the tip of your tongue yet you had no solid reason, if there was no more room to pin the blame on yourself then it would have to be your other half. Before you could comprehend your words, your feet were moving, storming through the cafe towards his table and you watched his eyes shift.

"Are you happy now?" you spat, pulling back the chair keeping your eyes on your brother as you crammed your hands into your pockets and took a seat, the hood still over your head, loose strands of hair clinging to your bruised neck where Peter had left his final mark. You were a mess.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, so new's doesn't travel as fast as I thought it did" you scoffed, leaning forward. You were coming across stronger than you had intended for the birth of the afternoon, but something about finally being tipped over the edge brought out all the words you had been searching for, "guess you got what you wanted, hm?"