𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[WORD COUNT: 2610!]

' If the steaks are low then why does it seem I'm losing everything? '
— Anya Marina; How Far Does The Dark Go

Darkness was quick to consume the town of Queens as the sun settled behind the hills and building tops, leaving Peter with nothing but his own shadow to talk to. The traffic had come to a close and now the only light came from the street lamps, which flickered every once in a while. It had turned cold all of a sudden, and Peter's legs were falling numb from sitting for too long, that and the added exhaustion of pushing all of his might into releasing the screaming endorphins.

"Any crime tonight?" Peter asked his AI, finally standing on the edge of the building and rubbed his palms over his cold arms, the chill beginning to seep under his suit and nip his fragile skin.

"Non detected" the voice responded, emitting a sigh from Peter's lips. If he had nothing to distract himself with, he knew the night was going to be-long. His mind would fall back to everything that had happened over the course of 24 hours and he'd knowingly cry himself to sleep that night.

"Incoming call from Tony Stark, would you like me to answer?" Peter was suddenly notified, his heartbeat beginning to race at hearing the name.

"Y-Yes, yes, answer!" Peter stumbled, almost falling off the rooftop before taking a step back. The call was sent to answer and the familiar beeping noise entered Peter's ears.

"Kid, finally"

"Mr Stark, h-hey, how's it going?"

"Yeah, everything's great- uh, Happy came to pick you up but you're not your apartment?"

"O-oh, yeah, patrolling n' stuff. Wait, why?"

"We've got kind of a situation down here"

"And you need me?"

"Yeah, sure, why not so get back to your apartment"

"Y-yeah, sure, of course! On my way"

and with that, the call was cut off. Despite all that had happened, Peter still couldn't help but receive butterflies in his chest every time he would come in contact with his mentor. Despite serving and fighting a war together, and almost not making it out alive, Peter was still a nervous jittery mess, like talking to a girl for the first time... But not like that... Peter couldn't explain it.