𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[WORD COUNT: 2320!]

[WORD COUNT: 2320!]

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

'remember why you started'
— Unknown

You were stranded, is the only way in which you could describe your situation. Here there were two boys who you cared and cherished for, but your next move would risk losing one of them. On the one hand, Peter was your best friend and had been there for you through thick and thin, despite the bruises and bumps that came along the way. He'd been your rock for as long as you could remember, disregarding the fact that just recently you had fallen head over heels for him. But on the other, was your brother. Your own blood who had been with you since birth and never stopped, he'd walked the staircase of hell with you and come out with a smile on his face. He wasn't just your brother, he too was your best friend. They say that love overpowers everything, and the guilt was filling your chest as they both continued their stare at you, waiting for the answer you were about to give.

"You... You might wanna sit down" you looked to your brother who was still standing in the middle of your room. Peter had moved over to the wall and was now leaning against it, his eyes locked on the two of you. He somewhat felt this was his fault; if he had just manned up in the first place and won someone or you over, then non of this would be happening. Yet again, Peter was here to ruin the day.

"So, what's going on with you two?" Ned was getting anxious, with the looks on your faces you were giving away the vibe that you had committed a murder. Both of you were a pale white and Ned could just make out the thin line of sweat on your forehead. It was there for two reasons, the first being the fact you were trying to stop yourself from having a panic attack, and the other being that the pain in your hips was beginning to make you feel sick.

The question was still in the air and still, neither of you had answered. You were hoping Peter would, but if he wasn't going to say anything you guessed the truth it had to be.

"W-well, as you know me and Peter have been hanging out lately..."

"Yeah, we clarified that just tell me what's going on" your brother huffed, the annoyance growing tighter in his chest as you stalled all the more.

"Truth is, Peter and I have gotten really close lately and... And we shouldn't have kept it from you but we... Really like each other" your eyes fell to Peter, who was resting a small, weak smile on his lips. It took some of the pressure off your chest, but looking over to Ned changed it all.

"So, wait... You're telling me that you two," he gestured between the two of you, "are like dating?"

The room fell silent. Hearing those words brought a shock to both your's and Peter's chests. You hadn't really thought about it like that out loud, yet you had both basically clarified it. You both liked each other, despite you hadn't technically said it back, but you still found your eyes falling to Peter for what felt like the 20th time that minute.