𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[WORD COUNT: 3400!]
Please read rant at the end of chapter! 💞

'Your stronger than you even know'
— Sam Tinnesz

Hours had passed and Peter had done nothing to contribute to the ongoing scenario playing out in front of him. He'd spent the past exactly five hours and thirty-seven minutes with his head in his hands, eyes locked on the table in front of him with his ass plastered in one the seats and had barely moved. He didn't know whether his body was in shock or just purely starting to give out on him, and Tony could see it playing right before his eyes.

The room had remained quiet, and after Tony slowly watched Peter crumble he moved the conversation and ongoing debate elsewhere for the teen to clear his mind, not that that's what Peter was even remotely thinking about. His mind was full to the top, chest clogged with anxiety just thinking about you. Coming to think of it you were all he ever thought about these days.

Peter didn't even move his vision when the door opened, heck he barely heard it. But somewhere in his subconscious mind, he knew he was no longer alone in the room. Of course, it was Tony coming to check in on his recruit, who had become more or less part of the furniture over the past few months, slowly breaching a year. As much as he was baffled, his demeanour and ego always deteriorated when it came to Peter. There was just something about that face that brought out the softness in Tony, no matter the situation. This girl, you, whoever you were, clearly meant something to Peter, so much it was driving him crazy.

"Kid," Tony coughed, voice rumbling through the quiet room. Peter finally looked up, hands snatching away from his face and placing them down on the table, "you alright?"

"What? Oh, uh, yeah... M' f-fine"

"It's getting late, Happy can drive you home-"

"No, no, please I'd rather stay here" Peter was quick to subside the suggestion, being at home with May right now was one of the last places he wanted to be. He'd already dropped her a message before leaving her on silent, as he knew he'd only be swarmed with calls and messages from her, but he'd told her where she was and only prayed she'd sleep peacefully.

"There isn't a lot we can do whether you're here or not, you know that right?" Tony tilted his brow lightly, folding his arms as he perched himself on the corner of the table, leg swinging gently as he stared down at the teenager, "C' mon, I'm sure May would want you home safe, too"

"Jee, you really that desperate to get rid of me?" Peter smiled lightly, bringing some of the worries off of Tony's chest.

"You know that's not what I meant" Tony sighed, unfolding his arms and placing one hand down on the table, "you think you're ready to talk yet?"