Chapter 39

"Cardinal!" Hurricane screamed until her throat became dry. Her sister's limp body rested in her paws like a fragile leaf, her amber eyes shut peacefully. She sunk her head in her little sister, trying to bring her back to life. The healer was gone, struck by her own claws. The Imperfect stared at them horridly, knowing her sister's blood was on them. 

     She lowered her head and prayed to Icicle, begging and pleading for forgiveness. 

      Silently, she thought she could pick out the beta's voice in the wind. "It's okay. I forgive you."

     "Wildflower!" a cold voice snapped on her left. She didn't look over to realize it was Razor. "You show your face here of all places?! And look what an Imperfect like you did."

     Stop... she thought, feeling rage and vengeance bubble up her throat. 

     "You killed your own sister," he spat, ice keeping her in place. "You're no different than the rest of the Imperfects."

     "I said stop it!" snarled Hurricane, a force taking over her actions and erasing any sympathy in her. Razor snapped back into attention and flattened his ears to his skull. Teeth bared, he lunged, claws outstretched. Letting out her rage and sorrow, she threw herself at the gray tom, smashing into him with the force of a mountain. His claws reopened the wounds on her pelt but the adrenaline coursing throughout her numbed the pain.

     She hooked her claws onto Razor's shoulders and attempted to throw him. The warrior adjusted his footing and when she gathered up her strength to toss, his feet stayed planted and his claws slid across her shoulders, making her previous injuries howl. Snarling, Hurricane swiped her paw upward, claws cutting the fur around his eye. He bit her paw and she let out a strangled yowl, her other front paw pushing him.

     The warrior advanced while she struggled to snap loose. His other paw cuffed her in the ear and moments later, he lashed out, making a scar down her side. Flinching, Hurricane yanked back, knocking the warrior off guard. With him now in the ground, she pressed both of her front paws on his shoulders, keeping him down while his back claws scraped against the stone. Her paws shook where the tom had bit her, making her uneasy. 

     Then Cardinal came into her mind and she snarled, sinking her claws into his back.

     She lost all sense in her; her paws began to tear at anything she could touch. She tore the fur away and kept digging further, seeing the pink flesh exposed. Razor let out a snarl and pushed himself up a few inches and took a swipe at her, which sliced across her chest. Hurricane snapped her jaw around his ear, sinking them further down until she bit her lip. His front paws reached up and batted her sides weakly as his strength dwindled. Another slash and a strangled howl. The warrior sank to the ground, chest heaving to catch his breath.

     Releasing the bloody ear, she gagged. Spinning around, she stood over him and clamped her jaws around his neck, ignoring the blows she revived on her face, side, and legs. The adrenaline in her would soon fade away, and she hoped that it would last her a few more moments to finish her job. Blood roared in her ears and she felt no remorse as the gray tom's blood began to flow and drenched her pelt.

     He jerked once, twice, and then he came to a stop. The being that took over her died and Hurricane dropped the limp body, eyes flooding with horror. Slowly, the color began to drain from world, the only color that stood out was the scarlet, red blood left in the camp.

     Glancing around as if she was underwater, the entire camp was painted in the liquid. Bright, blue eyes no longer stood out with golden, yellow pelts like the sun.