The flashdrive

The loud beeping of the alarm clock went off as 6:00 hit its mark. (Y/N) awoke very grumpy. Without opening her eyes, she slammed her palm against the button and the noise ceased to nothing. She groaned and rolled over until she fell off of her bed. she slowly stood up stretching and and rubbed her eyes to rid of the sleep that still showed on her face. (Y/N) then walked over to her drawers, picked black sweatpants with a white t shirt and undergarments, and then walked to the shower.

Cold water droplets rushes down onto her body, finally waking her body and brain and ridding any sleep from it. As soon as she finished, she got dressed and put her (H/C) hair in a lazy bun. After taking a shower, she walked out into the kitchen and brewed her favorite breakfast and ate in peace.

After she finished eating, she then went back to she bedroom and picked up her black and yellow handbag, opening it and spilling its contents out onto her messy bed. In it were her wallet, ID's, a bit of makeup, and the flash drive. The flash drive...from last night. It came back to her. She remembered that she basically interrogated Mr. Xing and was physically assaulted by the wrist. Then Jacob returned with the small device that held secret information. After she snapped back to reality she grabbed the flash drive and went to her ivory desk where her computer sat. She signed in and plugged it in.

Seconds passed and a folder appeared labeled 'MUTO FILE'. Hesitantly she dragged the mouse over to it and clicked it.

Some sort of blue prints and other data were scattered on some sort of secret anti-hacked website. Bases and structures of Muto creatures, the materials and requirements for the blue liquid, and other text were shown like a virus surrounding and covering the screen. Her (E/C) orbs were focused and her eyes squinted in disbelief and concentration. What is this? Is this what these people have been working on? She clicked on an ad that said 'AFFECTS' and it showed some sort of a stage but starting with a human. The longer down the line it went, the more it transformed into something. The last stage looked like a Muto but smaller and more human-like structure. Wait. Her eyes widened in understanding. They were mixing basically alien DNA with human DNA and creating a hybrid. The real question was why though?

She scanned more of the different sites and text boxes filled with everything she needed to know and other things as well. Did they want find a way to help Godzilla fight off the threats? That would've been fine it's just....why hide it from the government or someone with higher authority or was it for a more different reason? She sighed explored more. She clicked on more links until she saw a video.

She clicked it and it showed a man strapped down onto a bed which sort of looked like a hospital bed but for testing. He looked scared and shook violently. The audio was off so she couldn't hear what he was saying. Maybe he was begging for help. He seemed to be screaming too.

A few minutes of silence and three men appeared in white lab coats and masks on. What the.... they seemed to be checking his vitals and writing something down. After a while one of the men put his thumbs up towards the others. A cart was immediately wheeled into the white room, which revealed one of the blue serums. Everyone left but the one who checked his vitals. He seemed like the leader of the trio. He grabbed the vile and a syringe and stuck in in, pressing it down a bit to release the bubbles. He walked slowly and calmly over to the helpless mans side. The patient struggled and other men had to enter, pinning him down. The syringe was then stabbed in his neck, making everyone freeze, even the Man. What?

Nothing had happened so the men wheeled the cart away and left. The camera was still on until the man started panicking. Blue veins rapidly increased in his neck. Running down his arms and stomach. Suddenly he started trashing around in what looks like horrible pain and he screamed. No one entered the room. Maybe they were watching from some sort of window.

The man then went into some kind of stroke and his eyeballs went to the back of his head as his skin started...moving. Like a snake but it was all over his body. His arm snapped in half which made his tears run down his face. He looked like he wanted to die right their.

A few minutes of horrible gruesome bones snapping and skin stretching did (Y/N) realized it was turning into a creature. A Muto one too. Eight legs grew from its body like a spider but different lengths and four sharp fingers were placed at the end. His head look like that of a Muto but actual eyes took place with eyeballs. His skin turned a dark shade of grey and black along with blue for the ends of the hands and other areas. It was a hybrid. The straps broken and ripped while the bed was thrown in a corner along with the other medical machines. What are they trying to accomplish? Suddenly it started banging its fists against the ground, looking for angry as it grew bigger and bigger until it had to start ripping the walls for room. Unfortunately for it or him, some type of gas was released into the air knocking the huge beast out after a while. That was then that the video stopped recording.

(Y/N) sat there shocked and very emotional. She could barely recognize the man from the beginning to end. It looked like a really painful process to having your body break down, quite literally, and reshape itself into something completely different from its genetic self. At the end it was put down or knocked out but why did they even make this serum in the first place.

Questions were jumbled around in her mind as a crease made its way onto her forehead and she rubbed her fingers onto her temples. She huffed in stress and got up. She went to the kitchen but didn't feel hungry so she got her phone and called Jacob. She told him to meet her at his place tomorrow since it would be Saturday which they didn't have work. He agreed and they hung up. What was she getting herself into. Was this plan of stopping the secret business actually worth it? These scientists or whoever were involved are possibly very dangerous and she could be swimming in some dangerous waters if she doesn't make the right move. What is she gonna do?

1161 words Muffins! Also if their are any spelling errors please do tell me so I can fix it. Thanks for reading the chapter and find out what happens next!