Part 3

Chapter 2- Unexpected Twist

Colton pulled over beside Starbucks so I could run in and grab us coffee. I order it with extra cream and extra sugar before paying but as I'm walking through the parking lot I realize I forgot my phone in the coffee shop. I turn back to go grab it when a tall man approaches me running out of the Starbucks. He stops running right as he reaches me.

"You... forgot your phone..." He says breathlessly handing it to me.

Something about this guy seems somewhat familiar. 

"Thank you." I say grabbing it from him and nearly dropping the coffee as my phone lands face up on the hood of a car and the screen clicks on. The picture of Colton, mom, and me lights up and the guy looks from the phone to me to the phone again before his eyes light up.

"I..." He begins before Colton parks the bike on the side of the road and approaches us. 

"Colton the coffee here." I say and motion for him to take the coffee.

"Colton?" The man asks and we both look from each other to him.

"Yeah that's my brother Colton and I'm Arianna." I say and he coughs one of those fake coughs people do to remove the awkwardness.

"Who is your mother?" He asks suddenly and we both turn to face him.

"Sam." My brother says crossing his arms over his chest in irritation.

I look between the man standing in front of us. His hair is about the same shade as mine his eyes are dark like mine and Colton's. He is standing with his arms folded over his chest the same way Colton is and they both are arching an eyebrow at each other. Then it hit me....

"Dad?" I say to the strange man as both he and my brother turn to look at me, there jaws exactly matching in tenseness at the word.

"I... I need to go." The man says to us as he slowly starts walking away.

"Wait please!" I shout and the man tenses but turns slightly and raises his eyebrow.

"Our address is 27 Knights Court. Please just... stop by." I plead him and he nods and walks away.

I'm left wondering if he will even listen or if I will go through my life not knowing if this man is my father...