Part 5

Chapter 4- What Lies beneath the Truth

We get off the bike and head inside as we go into the living room and see the man from earlier kneeling in front of mom on the couch, crying. 

"Mom?" Colton asks and they both turn to us with surprised looks.

"I thought you would have later practice." Mom says and quickly wipes away her tears.

"We don't have practice on the first day." Colton says while leaning against the wall crossing his arms over his chest again.

"Mom... is he our father?" I ask before I loose my courage as all three of them turn to me. 

"Yes... Shane is your father." She says gesturing to the man kneeling in front of her. 

"Well this is fucking great." Colton says sarcastically and storms out of the house with the keys to the bike.

"Colton Riccardo Kingston get your ass back here!" I shout as he storms out the door before mom sighs and gets off the couch.

"Arianna let him go. He's upset and confused I think we all are." She says as she now leans against the wall.

"Colton Riccardo Kingston." Shane whispers looking at mom. 

"Arianna Bailey Kingston" He says and I nearly choke at how he guessed that.

"The names I told you I wanted for my kids?" He asks mom and she nods with a smile on her face.

This is the first time I've seen her look happy in 15 years. 

"I want to take you for dinner. To talk." He says suddenly looking at me.

"What about mom or Colton?" I ask surprised and he laughs softly

"I want to talk with you first." He says as mom and I laugh and he winks at mom.